Sonic hub 2

Anyone got one? 

I’ve got a Simrad NSS Evo 2, which should be able to drive it…. 

im looking to upgrade my music system as it gets boring on those long trips by myself and be nice to get some Spotify on…. 

7 minutes ago, JonC said:

Looks like a good bit of kit, though it doesn’t seem to be DAB ready which would do my head in. 

Good point…. Unless get a Bluetooth DAB receiver? 🤔

not cheap but would be nice… 🤔

I don’t have a wireless onboard, I take a makita site radio with me sometimes but I keep meaning to get round to fitting a proper radio. Garmin do some similar kit, but I’ve found the customer service guy a little abrasive 🤣🤣

I only have the Sonic Hub 1, but it does me just fine with USB connectivity. I have a USB stick connected to it with gigabytes of MP3 music on it.

TBH you're probably smarter just to download and store your favourite tunes offline rather than rely on DAB or mobile connectivity for Spotify.

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I also have a Lowrance VHF with FM/AM tuner built in, plus a VHF/FM splitter to the aerial. TBH... I never bother with FM radio.

So what do you listen to The Archers on then? 

17 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

TBH you're probably smarter just to download and store your favourite tunes offline rather than rely on DAB or mobile connectivity for Spotify.

Spot on .......... DAB is aimed at the areas of populous, thus, coverage is a bit sparse once you get a few miles out. GSM is better, but experience suggests that it starts to get less reliable at 9 -12 miles out.

I use the fusion BB100 black box which is integrated with the plotters and also the fusion link app on my phone. Music is stored on the phone.

8 hours ago, GPSguru said:

TBH, I often prefer it to be quiet when I am fishing, just the sound of the sea ................

Agree 🙂 

Just when I’m doing long trips (2-3 hour steam) it can be nice to have something on in the background. 

However given that inflation is rampant and costs are going up looks like I’ll use the funds to keep the boat going… hopefully fuel prices drop again soon but I find it unlikely given what Putin is up to 

9 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Agree 🙂 

Just when I’m doing long trips (2-3 hour steam) it can be nice to have something on in the background. 

However given that inflation is rampant and costs are going up looks like I’ll use the funds to keep the boat going… hopefully fuel prices drop again soon but I find it unlikely given what Putin is up to 

I bet @mike farrantsis really worried about the sharp rise in diesel costs, he could end up spending an extra 50p per hour on fuel 🤣

11 hours ago, JonC said:

I bet @mike farrantsis really worried about the sharp rise in diesel costs, he could end up spending an extra 50p per hour on fuel 🤣

wash your mouth out - that would be a 76% increase........... 

Maybe it's just an age thing but I find having Garmin, Simrad, Fusion and my phone all networked together to be a bit of pain. Phone call comes in which pops up on the network which turns down the radio and needs to be canceled before I can see my full screens again. My phone is kept in a waterproof pelican case which means either stopping fishing (fighting fish, trolling and jigging etc) to get the case and answer the call etc. So now I rarely bother turning bluetooth on but this does mean missing out on crisp clean radio from anywhere in the world through the radio garden app. There's also the fact that most of the time Im out of phone and radio range and have to rely on the iridium satellite network for communication.

13 hours ago, JDP said:

Maybe it's just an age thing but I find having Garmin, Simrad, Fusion and my phone all networked together to be a bit of pain. Phone call comes in which pops up on the network which turns down the radio and needs to be canceled before I can see my full screens again. My phone is kept in a waterproof pelican case which means either stopping fishing (fighting fish, trolling and jigging etc) to get the case and answer the call etc. So now I rarely bother turning bluetooth on but this does mean missing out on crisp clean radio from anywhere in the world through the radio garden app. There's also the fact that most of the time Im out of phone and radio range and have to rely on the iridium satellite network for communication.

Sounds like a case for putting calls on divert

So I had a clear out of general crap on the boat on the weekend. I managed to find an old Fusion head unit that I was given as was told wasn’t working. 

Powered it up, all came ok. I had forgotten I had it so just need to get it installed now 🙂 

No NEMA2K but I can just use the head unit itself and not the plotter so happy days 🙂 

27 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

So I had a clear out of general crap on the boat on the weekend. I managed to find an old Fusion head unit that I was given as was told wasn’t working. 

Powered it up, all came ok. I had forgotten I had it so just need to get it installed now 🙂 

No NEMA2K but I can just use the head unit itself and not the plotter so happy days 🙂 

Result.