Windows 11

jonnyswamp

Can't comment on whether it's worth the upgrade as it depends on what you need out of an operating system, but TBH software as a service (subscriptions per month/year etc) is the direction the industry has been moving in for a few years now, and I don't see it going back to a one-off payment model.

On the upside, you'll get free upgrades and all the latest security patches delivered seamlessly. In this day and age of cyber security, it's worth every penny in my view.

For context, we have an "as a service" model for Offshore Outlaws - upgrades and enhancements every few weeks for a monthly fee, and the provider takes care of all the boring stuff like load-balancing, security, spam-prevention and system availability, which means the three of us have more time for posting inane drivel on here... what's not to like?! 🤷‍♂️🤣

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

Is it worth the upgrade from 10 to 11 ?

The last time I upgraded I lost access to word and office etc, is there a way of getting it back without paying the 70 odd quid a year ?

Leave it a while ..............

TBH, as yet I have not heard anything bad about Win 11, with most users saying it is just a slightly advanced Win 10.

I normally leave an OS to run for 12 months before I upgrade, and by this time most bugs will have been ironed out.

With regard to Word, excel etc, I am still running office 2010, which works just fine for me and Adobe acrobat XI pro ............ these cost me nothing.

I have just built a PC for the youngest Grandson (13) using an intel i5, 1TB SSD, and Nvidia graphics, but I still opted to run with win10 as it is a known entity, and you can buy a key cheap as chips.

13 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Leave it a while ..............

TBH, as yet I have not heard anything bad about Win 11, with most users saying it is just a slightly advanced Win 10.

I normally leave an OS to run for 12 months before I upgrade, and by this time most bugs will have been ironed out.

With regard to Word, excel etc, I am still running office 2010, which works just fine for me and Adobe acrobat XI pro ............ these cost me nothing.

I have just built a PC for the youngest Grandson (13) using an intel i5, 1TB SSD, and Nvidia graphics, but I still opted to run with win10 as it is a known entity, and you can buy a key cheap as chips.

Also looking at building a PC, where's a good place to get a key from, as still using Win7

2 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I doubt whether you will get a new key for win 7 ! 

upgade the win 10. Download from microsoft and get a key from G2A.com for £20 or less.

Yeah, that was the question, as my win7 is obsolete.... Will have a look at G2A cheers