Rehoming a dog.

Saintly Fish

3 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I got banned from the shoot, because they were not impressed with me using a 9 shot repeater ….  Hmmm , ‘not sporting’ they said. 🙄

Bet you still couldn't hit anything even with all those extra shots 😱🤣

46 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

That is the issue with some rescues…. You can train a dog to be left longer. Pippa can be left for a working day, she just sleeps on the sofa all day.

You’ll have a furry tornado when you get home but she’s fine 🙂 

It’s worth looking on gumtree etc as somepeople want to rehome but rescues are full etc 

I've looked on gumtree and yeah people do advertise their dogs for rehoming. Cheeky fuckers still want £1k though.

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

Can we keep the blood sports on the Ozy's thread?? 
This is supposed to be a fluffy Fred about saving life not murder!

Who's Fred?

And besides, are you not even a little bit on shaky ground with all the worms, crabs and squid you've directly or indirectly murdered in the name of sport?

22 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Who's Fred?

And besides, are you not even a little bit on shaky ground with all the worms, crabs and squid you've directly or indirectly murdered in the name of sport?

They are natural foods for fish. I don't shoot them for fun. And any I don't use I put back. As I do with all the fish I catch. 
Take your murderous ways over to the other thread!!

22 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

They are natural foods for fish. I don't shoot them for fun. And any I don't use I put back. As I do with all the fish I catch. 
Take your murderous ways over to the other thread!!

Pheasants and deer are natural foods for humans, and I eat both. And any pheasants that I miss flap off to live another day.

You say you don't shoot them for fun.... but you catch fish for fun and you put them all back. How is that better than catching for the pot? Inflicting a horrible lip piercing on a poor defenceless fishy just for fun! 😱 🤣

14 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Pheasants and deer are natural foods for humans, and I eat both. And any pheasants that I miss flap off to live another day.

You say you don't shoot them for fun.... but you catch fish for fun and you put them all back. How is that better than catching for the pot? Inflicting a horrible lip piercing on a poor defenceless fishy just for fun! 😱 🤣

Stop ruining my thread!

I think a spaniel would do you good, great with kids loads of fun 🙂 

A Jack Russel if you can get them as a pup is another or try a westie. They are pretty relaxed.

13 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I think a spaniel would do you good, great with kids loads of fun 🙂 

A Jack Russel if you can get them as a pup is another or try a westie. They are pretty relaxed.

+1 on the spaniel.

But then I would say that. 😉

• 1 month later...

So after two delays because of the governments new rules on the importing of commercial dogs (yes rescue dogs come into that category), Friday we collect our new family member!! We are all very excited and nervous all in one. Leo is sitting his SAT's this week so Friday will be a great reward for all his hard work!!  

40 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

So after two delays because of the governments new rules on the importing of commercial dogs (yes rescue dogs come into that category), Friday we collect our new family member!! We are all very excited and nervous all in one. Leo is sitting his SAT's this week so Friday will be a great reward for all his hard work!!  

Remember a dog is for life not just SATs