Does Isle of Man count as "Abroad"?

Andy_B

Hi Guys,

I have a few days in the Isle of Man coming up (Son has a rugby tournament there) and apart from a couple hours watching him play on the Friday and Saturday, I am not going to have a lot to do so was thinking of chucking a spinning rod and a box of lures/light tackle in the car to have a few hours somewhere.

Has anybody got any experience of fishing the Isle of Man and any pointers on where to head and what to expect?

Cheers,

Andy

52 minutes ago, JonC said:

Yeah it’s abroad because the inhabitants are all weirdos 🤣

If I remember correctly @Saintly Fishhas a contact there??

Yes, @Andy_B if you see a boat in the harbour called "Isla" please give the owner a knock and tell him where we are in the forum world. 
He's a much missed member from WSF. 

18 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes, @Andy_B if you see a boat in the harbour called "Isla" please give the owner a knock and tell him where we are in the forum world. 

Are you not still pen pals? 

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Ah, dear old Glenlivet. Wonder what happened to him.  He seemed to drop of the face of the world, or at least off the internet. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Ah, dear old Glenlivet. Wonder what happened to him.  He seemed to drop of the face of the world, or at least off the internet. 🤷‍♂️

Yes it would be nice to hear from him again .............. it looks like the vessel is still active from Port St Mary, but does he still own it ?

The last time the AIS was active ........ 28th Sept 21 (6 months ago)

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:5567951/mmsi:232006227/imo:0/vessel:ISLA

Good tope foshing off the shore in the right season. 

wrasse on the float from the harbour, mackerel to float fished Sandeel etc. 

8 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I think he must have lost interest when WE all F'd off!!

Maybe, he has posted since, but nothing loke he used to. Gidn't BK ruff him up as well? Can't remember now, so long ago

22 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Good tope foshing off the shore in the right season. 

wrasse on the float from the harbour, mackerel to float fished Sandeel etc. 

Thanks mate, I was only planning on taking a light spinning rod and a few lures/floats so the Tope fishing is probably going to have to wait till next time!