Broadband and separate TV

Saintly Fish

On 11/15/2020 at 12:17 PM, Saintly Fish said:

I want POWER.... is there a rating I should look for ?

Have you considered Satellite BB .............. there are not many ISP's and BigBlu was recently bought out , but most (not all) use HYLAS satellites (Avanti HYLAS 1) which are geo's but based around the 18th meridian (18 degrees west) so a much higher angle from your dish, which is handy if you live in a valley ............ just a thought

Satellite BB is pretty much rock solid, you only lose it twice a year for an hour or so during the 'sun-out' period in spring and autumn ..........that is when the sun is directly behind the satellite in line with your dish ..............

Edited by GPSguru

1 minute ago, GPSguru said:

Have you considered Satellite BB .............. there are not many ISP's and BigBlu was recently bought out , but most (not all) use HYLAS satellites (Avanti HYLAS 1) which are geo's but based around the 18th meridian (18 degrees west) so a much higher angle from your dish, which is handy if you live in a valley ............ just a thought

So very much higher, went completely over my head 🤣

1 hour ago, GPSguru said:

Satellite BB is pretty much rock solid, you only lose it twice a year for an hour or so during the 'sun-out' period in spring and autumn ..........that is when the sun is directly behind the satellite in line with your dish ..............

It’s not just the angle of the hill that I live a third of the way up, it’s also the fact that I’m surrounded (back and sides) by mature trees. A satellite would have to point straight up. 
plus I’m not a fan of dishes slapped to the side of my home. 

3 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

It’s not just the angle of the hill that I live a third of the way up, it’s also the fact that I’m surrounded (back and sides) by mature trees. A satellite would have to point straight up. 
plus I’m not a fan of dishes slapped to the side of my home. 

You want to try to scaffold a block of flats covered in dishes, enough to start a war