Shark Charter

LostPiker

Me and boat buddy want to have a go for sharks. Both want to do a couple of trips with an expert before we even consider doing it alone on our boat. I emailed a charter boat and was quoted £1,275 between 4 of us for a 12 hour trip. Is that the going rate? Any recommendations for a charter on the south coast?

17 minutes ago, LostPiker said:

Me and boat buddy want to have a go for sharks. Both want to do a couple of trips with an expert before we even consider doing it alone on our boat. I emailed a charter boat and was quoted £1,275 between 4 of us for a 12 hour trip. Is that the going rate? Any recommendations for a charter on the south coast?

That seems excessive. We had a chart BFT trip booked in September and that was £800. 

South coast will probably only get you a (slim) chance of a thresher. If you head to the south west you'll have blues available, and more plentiful than round our way.

That price seems high to me.

ive no idea  who you rung     but  he`s  taking the   -iss      check out your local waters    what shark species   are you hoping to catch      Blues      Threshes     Porgies   mako`s  ?   what  part of England do you live      Cornwall   as lots  of venues    that you could try off your own boat      Shark Alley   ( Boscastle  )         Shennan Cove        Port  Issac      to name a few   

Bloody hell! 

Andy Truelove on Broadside charters is £170 per head out of west wales. 

Rob Rennie will be about £200 per head from Milford haven. That’s rod hire and chum all in for a 12+ hour trip. 

You’re getting a bit late to get places but Rob may have individual spaces left and is an excellent skipper. 

Dan Hawkins out of Ilfracombe on Reel Deal offers sharking trips, he has 2 boats and does well, he’s a bit cheaper at about £160 for a blue shark trip and should have dates still. 

These are guys I’d charter with no problem. Can’t comment on others as don’t know them well enough and others I do only take full boat charters. 

5 hours ago, Odyssey said:

@LostPiker if you fancy a trip on the sharks and a bit of instruction on what I do to catch(rigs, chum, shark handling etc) drop me a PM 🙂 Id be happy to help out 🙂 

But you are more expensive than the first guy he contacted 🤣