Thank you for the advice!

Malc

Many thanks for all the advice given about my trip dahn sarf. I had a great time from late Friday evening until Sunday. 

FB_IMG_1652117033529.jpg.76acc2fdd219e3ba5c02841814674458.jpg

Trying to get lots of old semi sloshed matelots to face the same direction for a photo was a nightmare, this was the best (so far) from across the road. 

FB_IMG_1652091428473.thumb.jpg.7549cd17adabffe7b7d0f1b9fc3e53fb.jpg

We asked the barmaid/manager to try from upstairs but she got less than half of us in. When she opened the window and leaned out people were shouting, "Don't do it, you have so much to live for!" and "I've got the number for Samaritans!"

Again thanks for the information I look forward to coming back again next year. 

41 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

So, which ones you ? 

Are we playing "Spot the Malc" then? Is he the one in the light blue T-shirt who forgot to put his teeth in for the photo?

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Are we playing "Spot the Malc" then? Is he the one in the light blue T-shirt who forgot to put his teeth in for the photo?

Or the Winston Churchill look a like, front and centre with the yellow tie?

15 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

@Geoff, he's done it again. All your effort is wasted on him 🙄.

Andy, I became aware some time ago that FS is unable to overcome his established  difficulties and that my time was wasted (not waisted) trying to help the lad. I would however expect an experienced seaman like Neil to know the difference between a union Jack and a union "Flag". Geoff.😉

I'm not in the first photo, not 100% on the Churchill looky likey but he appears to have done good and got a commission. 

The waistcoat was auctioned for the South Atlantic Medal Association (iirc) and was made by one of the volunteers from scarves for Falklands veterans. The group make scarves and a few hats in the colours of the SAM ribbon as appreciation of the people of the Falkland islands. We wore them on the day to further help the SAMA cause and because we are gnarly old gits and liable to catch colds 😁