Saturday 14th May - Adamant Shoal

mike farrants

Great session and a good write up! Agree, the weather makes all the difference - blanking is ok if it's sunny & flat, but it's even better when there are fish on the deck.

Feisty-looking tope that 😬👍

Some nice fish there Mike, and yes, it was a lovely flat day out there, we could do with more like that.

Red Band fish - Best to drag the tinsels along the bottom with a little bit of line out, The fish live in mud burrows and will stick their heads out to catch small prey. I have found snowbiki's on size 6 hooks (tindsels) to be really effective. When I get 5 mins to spare, I will shove some in the post to you.

yes we were dragging the sabikis along the mud, but held vertically so as you say, with a bit of line out would bring the top hooks closer to the bottom. 

interestingly 1st time the red bands were caught on the middle sabikis not the bottom one.

mine might be too big - i had size 4

9 hours ago, mike farrants said:

yes we were dragging the sabikis along the mud, but held vertically so as you say, with a bit of line out would bring the top hooks closer to the bottom. 

interestingly 1st time the red bands were caught on the middle sabikis not the bottom one.

mine might be too big - i had size 4

In the post to DT4 😉👍