22nd May - bream on lures and bait

Andy135

The original slow Blatt is still a highly effective jig and I often use them in the larger sizes on the wrecks. These were one of the first slow jigs to come into the uk market around 2015.

A lot of today’s combo jigs are still based on the blatt.

well done on catching the target species, and especially well done to Dave for what looks like a master class in lure fishing. TBF all of the Bream I have caught in the last few years have come to lures, mainly 70 & 115mm Red Gills.

11 minutes ago, Davemc said:

Although "The Skipper" did drop a slippery bream spikey side down that managed to puncture my foot through my shoe 😁

Funny how these little ‘accidents’ happen. Lucky he wasn’t out with @GPSguru, that would popped the tickler🤣

17 minutes ago, JonC said:

Funny how these little ‘accidents’ happen. Lucky he wasn’t out with @GPSguru, that would popped the tickler🤣

I very much doubt it. Hyperlon is extremely tough, you have to do something serious to puncture a tube.

PVC tubes are a different ball game, nowhere near the durability of hyperlon, but hyperlon is almost twice to three times the price. 

A new set of tubes for mine is £6-£8k