Returning to Port

I found a Vid from last year that I have forgotten about.

The gopro is mounted on the A frame on a very solid mount to stop vibration.

The video is leaving Labrador Bay and heading back into Teignmouth. At about 4min in you can see I make the turn into the navigation channel (note the port hand buoy) and then for the next couple of minutes I am crossing the bar on a 6kn ebbing tide at about 20 -25knts, until I reach the harbour speed limit. The video could probably do with more editing, but hey ho

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Nice vid, but I expected to be rewarded with pics of the retrieval, wash and lash down included!!! Geoff.😉

Just be thankful that he hasn’t put more of that rotten music over it 

11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Nice vid, but I expected to be rewarded with pics of the retrieval, wash and lash down included!!! Geoff.😉

I live close enough to the slip that I wash down when I get home. 😉

However there is a council provided tap in the trailer park, but I can see that being removed to discourage overnight camper vans. 

2 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I live close enough to the slip that I wash down when I get home. 😉

However there is a council provided tap in the trailer park, but I can see that being removed to discourage overnight camper vans. 

Lucky you to live close to the water in such a lovely area. Sad to hear that the council may reduce their facilities basically because a minority of campers abuse some of the council provided facilities. Geoff.

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Lucky you to live close to the water in such a lovely area. Sad to hear that the council may reduce their facilities basically because a minority of campers abuse some of the council provided facilities. Geoff.

Yeah it’s terrible that people in camper vans are  stealing water.

51 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Something nice about the wake behind you on the way home 🙂 

The wake does look good ,but I was quite surprised about just how little disturbance the wake (at reduced speed) was causing to the moored boats. Looks like a great day out and a good run home. Geoff.

1 minute ago, JonC said:

Yeah it’s terrible that people in camper vans are  stealing water.

I visited Portsmouth a few years ago and the council had been forced introduce a height barrier at the Park and ride car park due to the to the number of "travellers" that would arrive on the spring bank holiday and were reluctant to leave. The council officers told me to go to the CP at Southsea where I would be able to park my campervan, but they had a manned barrier to prevent unwanted long stay visitors. This system worked for us and I understand for what might to some appear to be heavy handed . I do not think the worry is about stealing water, more to do with preventing unwanted overnight visitors. Obviously that will also inconvenience some people who will loose a very useful facility due to the uncaring attitudes of the minority of campervanners. Geoff.🙂

3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I visited Portsmouth a few years ago and the council had been forced introduce a height barrier at the Park and ride car park due to the to the number of "travellers" that would arrive on the spring bank holiday and were reluctant to leave. The council officers told me to go to the CP at Southsea where I would be able to park my campervan, but they had a manned barrier to prevent unwanted long stay visitors. This system worked for us and I understand for what might to some appear to be heavy handed . I do not think the worry is about stealing water, more to do with preventing unwanted overnight visitors. Obviously that will also inconvenience some people who will loose a very useful facility due to the uncaring attitudes of the minority of campervanners. Geoff.🙂

If there’s an implied right of access with no legal prohibitions then I don’t see the be problem? 

1 minute ago, JonC said:

If there’s an implied right of access with no legal prohibitions then I don’t see the be problem? 

There will almost certainly be local bylaws limiting overnight stayovers etc. Jon, but once some of the so called travellers have been known to ignore that fact, and the removal of them can take months and prove to be very costly. As a general rule councils provide their facilities for the local people and day visitors. Even the caravan club sites have to be very careful as on one site that we visited had a problem with a group of travellers that managed to gain access to the site, had been there for over a month, had made quite a mess in the area, paid for a couple of nights and had remained on site for over a month without payment. It can take months to sort this sort of problem out and in my own opinion ruins it for the majority of people. Geoff.