If money were no object...

22 hours ago, iowspence said:

The thing is, you get a swell probably like the Cornish swell. When I fished with Stu, it was probably a 4-5 but his cat was an absolute breeze with it as there more rollers than a chop. 

En-route to our grounds you have to go past dunnose which has areas going from 200ft to 30ft and from there going all the way down to st Catherine’s you have the deeps which is a channel approx 7 miles long and half a mile wide, going from 60ft to well over 200ft in a sheer drop around all sides of it, so a really shitty area of ground and combined with the tides which are legendary, creates an absolute cess pit of whirlpools and rips. It really can be something else. 

My Mitchell rolls like a pig in shit, but a cat down there would make life so much easier, so that’s my target boat... 🤞

I used to go out on a regular charter on a Blyth car called The Jolly Fisheman out of Dover. In a heavy sea the tide is totally different to a monohull, I don’t necessarily think it was better. It felt like that was bobbing about on top of the swell rather than soaking it up. I sometimes felt a bit sick on it though I’ve never felt sick on a mono. 

• 3 months later...