Skids v rollers

11 hours ago, JDP said:

Who are you referring to, would imagine most on here are using their boats in the salt. Freshwater's for vegans and windsurfers!!!!

Anyone really. just that in salt water I try not to submerge the trailer any more than is really necessary, with bunks that's not always possible.

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

If it was too large it wouldn't load at all. The metadata within the file contains orientation info that tells applications (such as the forum software) which way up to render the image. Clearly the forum software is smart enough to know that Jon is from down under and is rendering the image upside down to make him feel at home.

I hoped nobody would stoop to that level of attempted humour. 
The picture orientation thing is odd though, I can load 3 photos from the same device and they will all load different way up. It’s no big deal though I just rotate my monitor. 

24 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Because the file is too large and you have not cropped it Jon. 
Jezz how many times do we need to go through this!!! 

Hence why I sent it from my phone, because it allows me to send at lower size.

7 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

If it was too large it wouldn't load at all. The metadata within the file contains orientation info that tells applications (such as the forum software) which way up to render the image. Clearly the forum software is smart enough to know that Jon is from down under and is rendering the image upside down to make him feel at home.

Its the correct way on my phone just like the other image. I also tried uploading several times to see if any would change but each time it turned the trailer upside down.

Edited by JDP

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

I hoped nobody would stoop to that level of attempted humour. 
The picture orientation thing is odd though, I can load 3 photos from the same device and they will all load different way up. It’s no big deal though I just rotate my monitor. 

Your phone will have an option within your camera app to remove metadata from files. Might be worth enabling that option to see if it also removes orientation data.

1 minute ago, JDP said:

Hence why I sent it from my phone, because it allows me to send at lower size.

Its the correct way on mu phone just like the other image. I also tried uploading several times to see if any would change but each time it turned the trailer upside down.

Strange. I'll do some digging around in the system settings later to see if there's anything we can do.

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Your phone will have an option within your camera app to remove metadata from files. Might be worth enabling that option to see if it also removes orientation data.

Its never an issue posting elsewhere, only seems to happen here but will look into it on my phone. I have seen other posts on here where pictures have flipped, so its not just a down-under thing. 

6 minutes ago, JDP said:

Its never an issue posting elsewhere, only seems to happen here but will look into it on my phone. I have seen other posts on here where pictures have flipped, so its not just a down-under thing. 

No it's a poster not reading the listed instructions properly and following them!! 
I used to have the same problem until I discovered cropping the photo changes how it is posted and the orientation. 

4 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

No it's a poster not reading the listed instructions properly and following them!! 
I used to have the same problem until I discovered cropping the photo changes how it is posted and the orientation. 

You're both in IOS I suspect and cropping will change the orientation data I think.

I've just checked with our forum software provider and apparently these sideways pictures are a known issue with IOS users (I use Android and I have never had this problem). They've rolled out a fix in the latest forum software version, so I'll upgrade us to that later on today.