Shetland Islands 24-26th June

Ivan Tuna

Part one of mission accomplished, drive from Oxford to Aberdeen, ferry to Lerwick, more driving and another ferry but we are finally here. Skipper just popped in to see we had settled into the cabin and said biggest Cod of the year so far today at 36lbs 😛 Haddock to 10lbs…..

Hopefully it’s our turn tomorrow…gear is primed, Shads to 700g and Jigs to 500g….

8 hours ago, Andy135 said:

How long was the journey up? Sounds like it has potential to be nightmarish if traffic or ferries delayed etc.

I took the car and the heavy gear so the other 3 could fly. 8 hours to  Aberdeen and then overnight ferry.

We decided for the last hour to fish for Haddock so moved to his Haddock mark. 

So basically 2 baited hooks with thin strips of mackerel - first drop 12 and 15 lbs Cod. Second drop another two doubles. Next drop got smashed only landed an 18lber, guy next two me got 20lber - crazy day.

13 minutes ago, Ivan Tuna said:

We decided for the last hour to fish for Haddock so moved to his Haddock mark. 

So basically 2 baited hooks with thin strips of mackerel - first drop 12 and 15 lbs Cod. Second drop another two doubles. Next drop got smashed only landed an 18lber, guy next two me got 20lber - crazy day.

Sounds like excellent fishing. Can't wait for the full report. With pics I hope!!