Slow jigging

jonnyswamp

28 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Why does the hook attach to the top of the jig and not the bottom eye? And on those bits of string does the hook not move away from the fish when a bite occurs? Or does the fish gulp in the whole thing rather than bite at the lure ?

29 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Why does the hook attach to the top of the jig and not the bottom eye? And on those bits of string does the hook not move away from the fish when a bite occurs? Or does the fish gulp in the whole thing rather than bite at the lure ?

Can I suggest a quick read of the Jigabite Slow Jigging Article?

This should answer 90% of these kind of questions. Just a thought.

https://jigabite.co.uk/Slow Pitch Jigging Explained.pdf

12 minutes ago, Terry Smith said:

Can I suggest a quick read of the Jigabite Slow Jigging Article?

This should answer 90% of these kind of questions. Just a thought.

https://jigabite.co.uk/Slow Pitch Jigging Explained.pdf

Yeah too many words! It’s easier to ask bite size questions! 🤣

18 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yeah too many words! It’s easier to ask bite size questions! 🤣

Playing Devil's Advocate here... if you can't be bothered to educate yourself, why should others be bothered to educate you?

Just read the article in bite-sized chunks if there are too many words for you in one go 🤣

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

if you can't be bothered to educate yourself, why should others be bothered to educate you?

I didn’t read the whole article because I’m not overly interested in yet another form of fishing. The question about the hook was just an off the cuff question. If it hadn’t of got answered I wouldn’t have lost sleep! 

8 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I didn’t read the whole article because I’m not overly interested in yet another form of fishing. The question about the hook was just an off the cuff question. If it hadn’t of got answered I wouldn’t have lost sleep! 

That's fair enough - makes sense for you to master the art of dog-fishing first before moving on to more challenging methods 😉

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

That's fair enough - makes sense for you to master the art of dog-fishing first before moving on to more challenging methods 😉

I don’t think you need to be throwing mud around do you??

you’ve got a big enough challenge on your hands without the need to take me on too! 

5 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I don’t think you need to be throwing mud around do you??

you’ve got a big enough challenge on your hands without the need to take me on too! 

No mud, just gentle encouragement 👍

4 minutes ago, Ivan Tuna said:

If I catch one on a lure I’m selling my boat !!

Aw, come on now. It wouldn't be that bad! Might even be an opportunity in there somewhere.... "Ivan's Dogging Charters" has quite a ring to it... 😉🤣

• 2 weeks later...

I likey

I'm going to use my 2 speed Fathom 15, or my 12 for the first couple of trips (if I ever get down to the south coast)

Then decide if it's worth the extra outlay of a high end reel

Bought a cheapo rod from tinternet and will do the same with that, if I get on with the style of fishing I will get a better outfit

In reality, if I catch even one decent fish, I'll be straight on Terry's website buying next years Christmas present to myself

I think I'm up to about Christmas 2028 at the minute