3rd July

Herbs73

I struggled today. I got to the middles about 8am, it was still fairly lumpy so I went and sat in the deep water by the farm for a while. I went back on to the middles when the wind eased,  the water was a lot calmer by 9.30.I had a steady flow of hounds all taking hermit crab. Fortunately I didn’t get any spotty dogs. I also had one of the tiny tope, it seems that a lot were caught today but mine was the best🤣

E3101A58-6154-4DE7-A57C-4F6BFFB4B42C.jpeg

3 minutes ago, JonC said:

I struggled today. I got to the middles about 8am, it was still fairly lumpy so I went and sat in the deep water by the farm for a while. I went back on to the middles when the wind eased,  the water was a lot calmer by 9.30.I had a steady flow of hounds all taking hermit crab. Fortunately I didn’t get any spotty dogs. I also had one of the tiny tope, it seems that a lot were caught today but mine was the best🤣

E3101A58-6154-4DE7-A57C-4F6BFFB4B42C.jpeg

How cute is that. 

3 minutes ago, Herbs73 said:

Where do you get your hermits ? 

They were frozen, there’s a commercial guy lives near me that sells them in packs. He charges £5 for a pack of at least ten, though it gets cheaper if you buy more. 

5 minutes ago, JonC said:

They were frozen, there’s a commercial guy lives near me that sells them in packs. He charges £5 for a pack of at least ten, though it gets cheaper if you buy more. 

Sounds like a good deal, I reckon that’s the difference between our 40 doggies and your none. we were fishing with squid and rag. 
  Im going to ask a local commercial in Brightlingsea 

1 minute ago, Herbs73 said:

Sounds like a good deal, I reckon that’s the difference between our 40 doggies and your none. we were fishing with squid and rag. 
  Im going to ask a local commercial in Brightlingsea 

This guy is Nick Boyce, he works out of Bradwell so it’s obviously a bit far for you. I asked him about live ones but he said he loses too many to be worth doing. 
And thanks for entertaining the dogfish for me, by the way🤣

3 minutes ago, JonC said:

This guy is Nick Boyce, he works out of Bradwell so it’s obviously a bit far for you. I asked him about live ones but he said he loses too many to be worth doing. 
And thanks for entertaining the dogfish for me, by the way🤣

Your welcome 

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

i saw you got some frozen hermits - but they were still in the shell though? - do you have to fully defrost them to remove them? is there a technique or tool? 

We have a removal tool, ask @suzook12what he would use for this and just about everything else he fixes 🤣

3 hours ago, JonC said:

We have a removal tool, ask @suzook12what he would use for this and just about everything else he fixes 🤣

I used to use a hammer to crack the shell… if In doubt, clout approach 🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

68 pounds for a hammer, bloody hell.

they know how to charge don't they

Yeah but it's got a swanky handle so it's worth it, right? 🙄