The SPJ trip that wasn't... 🙄

Saintly Fish

By any standard, that is a stonking Bass. I wonder if you will be like me and have a long, long wait for a double. I have caught loads up to 9lb 14oz, but the double eludes me.

I agree that is a juvenile spotted ray, blond markings are more random and less pronounced.

In his defence, I can understand where @Andy135 is coming from, with authority comes responsibility, and often that responsibility cannot be shirked.

Edited by GPSguru

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

10.08am on Monday I get a msg from @Andy135. Wanna come SPJ'ing on Friday aboard Jersey Girl? 
Well hell yeah, of course I do. 
10.29am on Tuesday, I get dumped. Uninvited, call it what you will. 
So, having had my hopes and dreams dashed (I feel for you @JonC), I hatch a plan to go solo today. 

Bah! You know full well you weren't ditched, the whole trip was kiboshed by work. Not like I went out without you...

Bloody well will uninvite you next time 😠

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

The bass unfortunately was gut hooked, greedy fucker really ambushed the bait and took off like a train. He bled all over the deck and had to be dispatched. 
I don't usually keep fish, I do like to return alive, but this one just seemed destined for the Cobb bbq tomorrow evening. 

2E3D927C-7FE0-4B41-A891-089AC0666381.jpeg.1e50e0bf0514cd47ed44bbccb4b78bda.jpeg

Did you fillet that with a knife or did you use a chainsaw ? 😲

8 hours ago, GPSguru said:

By any standard, that is a stonking Bass. I wonder if you will be like me and have a long, long wait for a double. I have caught loads up to 9lb 14oz, but the double eludes me.

My PB bass is 10lb 8oz...... sorry80CF0EA0-A68F-4FC6-85AE-94260661771C.jpeg.401ba28d6f46c56bd6abcb2085df7508.jpeg