Not strictly fishing related but they have started to hatch

JonC

37 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

What have you named them and how much you selling them for? £££

Only one has hatched so far, and like chickens they shone counted until they have. 
I will probably keep them if only a couple hatch but if more hatch then I will look to rehouse them 

43 minutes ago, JonC said:

Only one has hatched so far, and like chickens they shone counted until they have. 
I will probably keep them if only a couple hatch but if more hatch then I will look to rehouse them 

They look so titchy and cute. How big is a baby tortoise ?

2 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

they quote , we have baby fish again this year, but i don't get to see them because of the pond going pea soup.

having to replace the  ultra violet tubs.

If you are dependent on uv then your filters maybe aren’t up to the job?

36 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

uv kills the green and the filter collects the fish crap / other bits

Algae growth can usually be attributed to some filtration issues, maybe nitrates too high or high phosphates, so buy using a uv you are acting reactively rather than stopping the cause of the problem. 

this is true. i can only do what i know.

having to top up with tap water. will cause it. plus many other things, so i am trying other things out as i find out. i have aprox 3.5 to 4 sq metiers of water. i have started to make another filler to help out. i cannot get out at the moment due to the heat

8 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

this is true. i can only do what i know.

having to top up with tap water. will cause it. plus many other things, so i am trying other things out as i find out. i have aprox 3.5 to 4 sq metiers of water. i have started to make another filler to help out. i cannot get out at the moment due to the heat

Do it at night Pete, it's cooler and you probably sleep all day anyway zzzzzzzzzzzz!!!