Jump to content

Boscastle


Josh
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Goof effort Josh. Only 2 months till we're down in Fowey again, can't wait

Nice seems by reports that’s it’s been good out there for blues . But then I spoke to a guy who blanked the last 3 days so .. I don’t know what happened there lol.

 

I’ll be down fowey too this autumn causing all sorts of dental problems for some big fish hopefully 🤪

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Top effort, even if the target species was elusive. And congratulations on your ball & chain! It's downhill from here on in... 🤣👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Top effort, even if the target species was elusive. And congratulations on your ball & chain! It's downhill from here on in... 🤣👍

Good stuff Josh, Boscastle is prime big porgie territory, usually only a couple of miles out.

Yes, Bocastle launching is an art form 🤣

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations on the wedding! 
And congrats on managing to keep the boat. You do realise though that you'll have to either upgrade to a weekender or sell up and do gardening!! 
Nice tope btw! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Congratulations on the wedding! 
And congrats on managing to keep the boat. You do realise though that you'll have to either upgrade to a weekender or sell up and do gardening!! 
Nice tope btw! 

I do like the idea of upgrading.. I’m not sure when or what I’d go to ,,, would insure more trips re: weather ,, but everything’s relevant in this game ,

more trips + upgrade =cost more 

to cost more =need earn more 

to earn more =need to not do trips more 

 

🙃

Edited by Josh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Good stuff Josh, Boscastle is prime big porgie territory, usually only a couple of miles out.

Yes, Bocastle launching is an art form 🤣

 

Exactly ,

iv heard how horrifying it can be in the wrong conditions .


i was going to do what I originally thought was the only way … was the high tide launch.

but I’m glad I didn’t 

one Becuase it mean waiting till 8.30

And 2 , the top ramp was probably worse with washed up ridges of slates and rocks 

And so shallow

someone aught to make a them self useful and have a good tidy up 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Top effort, even if the target species was elusive. And congratulations on your ball & chain! It's downhill from here on in... 🤣👍

Thanks mate that’s it ,  you won’t catch them at home !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

I do like the idea of upgrading.. I’m not sure when or what I’d go to ,,, would insure more trips re: weather ,, but everything’s relevant in this game ,

more trips + upgrade =cost more 

to cost more =need earn more 

to earn more =need to not do trips more 

 

🙃

Yep it's a conundrum for sure. But a good one to have to deal with!!

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great report! 
 

Shame no fish, I’ve heard it’s quiet over there now….

 

Im done for a few weeks now, wait until September for some bigger blues and some mackerel….

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Great report! 
 

Shame no fish, I’ve heard it’s quiet over there now….

 

Im done for a few weeks now, wait until September for some bigger blues and some mackerel….

 

Yeah thought it be worth a go you just never know it’s a hell of a stretch of water ,,

 

nice oh yes hope u get stuck into a few mackerel 

 

got two days next week IOw on the threshers all being well 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 1:23 PM, Odyssey said:

Happy days 🙂 

 

Blankety blank .

headed out in a sloppy sea

got the chum and rods in before sunrise 

all day and night and half the next day liveys and deads the whole time 4 rods.

west end east end up and down back and forth inside out and back to front . 

still a great trip with great company. Better to be there with a chance than to be at home with no chance 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Blankety blank .

headed out in a sloppy sea

got the chum and rods in before sunrise 

all day and night and half the next day liveys and deads the whole time 4 rods.

west end east end up and down back and forth inside out and back to front . 

still a great trip with great company. Better to be there with a chance than to be at home with no chance 

Well….. should come to Wales then land of real fish 😉 🤣💪😂🎣🌊

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Well….. should come to Wales then land of real fish 😉 🤣💪😂🎣🌊

Oh it’s in the plans Luke, along with piles of of other ideas.

lots of activities not enough good weather or free time 

hope you get out next week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...