First day of so called lockdown.

JonC

The forecast for Thursday was beautiful, I’d shifted my jobs around to keep the day clear but it seems like the powers that be were out go stop me by implementing some lockdown thing, like I was some common Welshman. 
I spent hours looking on line and trying to find a definitive answer but there wasn’t one,  the rya said one thing the clowns at the angling trust said another. My marina had put a vague half closed message on their web page and nobody really knew. 
So being the bad arse that I am I went for the early ish start at 7am knowing that the marina office doesn’t open until gone 8am. 
Like a midget at a urinal I knew I was going to have to stay on my toes.

I crept out of the marina pretty much at dead low, I could feel the skeg ploughing the mud as I went past the 3rd can that is the shallow point of the creek. 
As soon as I got out to the river the fog dropped in. 43E15279-3E05-4733-88AB-5796F86F7A0E.thumb.jpeg.d58ec2303db5db1355db78f3d5272a1a.jpegThis is a picture of fog, for the benefit of JonD who has forgotten it even is a thing. 
I had planned to go off a bit to chase the imaginary cod but the fog put the kaibosh on that. I went up river at 6knots to a spot I know that I can catch a few roker (raja clavita for Fisty) . 
I droped the hook on the edge of a sand bar that was showing in 6’ of water. 
We had about 8 roker(raja clavita for Fisty) as son as the tide started to run and one small bass, about 38cm. 
The fishing wasn’t great so when the fog finally lifted about 12 we drove about 5 miles east and fished a couple of hundred yards off Bradwell beach. 
The whiting turned up in numbers, some sizeable but all very thin so they went back. We also had some of Andy’s favourites0D77B08E-42CC-4535-9D7E-10E3E7B851C2.thumb.jpeg.b8139c80e1f17811df356ce019edcc5b.jpeg
The fishing was very busy but nothing decent in the end . 
I headed back into the marina waiting to get a stern bollocking off someone but it seemed to be business as usual in the marina, boats being lifted out and washed down and people doing stuff to their boats. 

1 minute ago, JonC said:

I did this for you 

Bless you man, well done for sticking with it and getting out! Towards the end of my bait chucking days, I'd catch a Dog and pack it in! 

Apologies for not replying to your text, come across it during maintenance last night but didn't feel appropriate to reply so late! 

3 minutes ago, Tadpole said:

Bless you man, well done for sticking with it and getting out! Towards the end of my bait chucking days, I'd catch a Dog and pack it in! 

Apologies for not replying to your text, come across it during maintenance last night but didn't feel appropriate to reply so late! 

Was that the one with the naked pictures you asked for?😆

13 minutes ago, JonC said:

Was that the one with the naked pictures you asked for?😆

Ok, I never thought we'd need a "Puking" option in the "Like" menu, but now we've found a reason to add one...

7 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Anything that puts a bend in the rod and keeps you busy  is an OK day in my book ..............👍

Fishing isn’t great around the Thames through the winter, cod are very rare and it’s a very long way to any wrecks or reefs for us so I’ll take what I can get.