2 up one down rig suggestions

Got the next weymouth angling club boat comp coming up and you are allowed to fish max 3 hooks on one rod, given the variety of fish at the mark I was at on Friday id like to fashion a 2 up 1 down kind of rig - small hooks and squid baits for bream/gurnard with a long flowing trace on the bottom for big stuff (rays, hounds, etc) 

is it as simple as a 2 hook flapper down to a 3 way swivel with lead clip on bottom and the long trace coming off the 3 way?  

Running ledger with a short dropper off your main snood and one higher up… will sketch something up in a min… works great for flatties and bream. 

What are the rules? Most species? Biggest fish? How many rods you allowed?

2 hours ago, mike farrants said:

Got the next weymouth angling club boat comp coming up and you are allowed to fish max 3 hooks on one rod, given the variety of fish at the mark I was at on Friday id like to fashion a 2 up 1 down kind of rig - small hooks and squid baits for bream/gurnard with a long flowing trace on the bottom for big stuff (rays, hounds, etc) 

is it as simple as a 2 hook flapper down to a 3 way swivel with lead clip on bottom and the long trace coming off the 3 way?  

DC838C14-558D-41EC-BFAD-A083E4F40257.thumb.jpeg.362b446d7900905290b6e041acecf0b8.jpeg

i've made a simple 2 hook flapper for the small stuff - which goes down to a short 30cm length of mono with a lead slider on it, locked in between swivels - off which comes the long trace for the big baits - the idea of the lead slider being to improve bite detection - otherwise the snood is 'below' the weight and we use big weights given the tide out here! 

ive also cut down some feathers and sabikis to 3 hook rigs which i intend to bait up for the small inshore stuff!

i'll let you know how we get on!

6 hours ago, mike farrants said:

ive also cut down some feathers and sabikis to 3 hook rigs which i intend to bait up for the small inshore stuff!

We do that a lot with the snowbiki’s, they are 5’s so I cut off the 3rd up and the top, or slice off the bottom 2 and re- tie the lead. TBH I like strings of 3.