Fighting harness

GPSguru

I also found the black magic to bulky and a bit of a pain if I had to adjust between myself or kids using it. I picked up one of these from a tackle store and have been more than happy, especially given a black magic is around $400 and these just $63. Mine has a second strap that widens it which allows me to quickly clip in if I need to use it or simply leave it off if my daughter needs it. So its always set  for either one of us to use. It also has different rod style adjustment for straight or bent butt. 

Jigging Master also do a very similar harness but I believe the price was a fair amount more.

To be honest though, there are very few times where we ever feel the need for a harness, my daughter is currently showing some epic bruising from her recent run of yellowfin where she refused any harnesses !!!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Jaws-Ultimate-Fighting-Belt-reel-Harness-for-Big-game-Jigging-Fishing-Rod-size-L-/380715300000

Edited by JDP

I’ve got a kidney harness.... was cheap but as im a hard Welshman I’ll fight like a man and crank them in no sweat 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If I find it’s not very good I’ll look out for a BBGF one 🙂 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, iowspence said:

I brought one of those @headlight but seemed to have issues with it, so have now brought just a waist belt and use a standard butt pad.

Whilst fishing alone I dont strap myself in, for safety issues as I dont want to be in a position of something locking up and only going one wway, as I am sure the fish will be able to hold their breathe a lot longer than me underwater!

Whilst playing my Tuna, I used a new Harness, designed by @British Big Game Fishing so keep an eye out on his website for when they become available. I have one coming soon hopefully as was really impressed by it. 👍

I have used that harness quite a bit and have found it fine.

The only thing that I would say is that the metal parts ( D rings and lobster clips) are not stainless steel and will corrode in time but the rest of the harness is more than man enough for the job.

For smaller fish I use a separate butt pad and a light weight shoulder harness.

Edited by headlight
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, iowspence said:

Whilst playing my Tuna, I used a new Harness, designed by @British Big Game Fishing so keep an eye out on his website for when they become available. I have one coming soon hopefully as was really impressed by it. 👍

Sounds good .............. I need to know more about this ............... @British Big Game Fishing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, British Big Game Fishing said:

Sorry no god photos at present!!! 

But the main belt is light enough to wear all day and the wrap around butt pad will just clip on in seconds.

So is it a kidney belt with drop links to clip the butt pad to ?

3 hours ago, British Big Game Fishing said:

It is a Kidney harness with a drop down seat to go under your ass cheeks, the wrap around fighting pad then just quick clips on.

Unlike a lot of butt pads this does not slip and stay's in position.

That sounds to be up my street ...............

When will it be available, and what is the price guide .............. also, very important for folk like me who use Finn-Nor Reels without strap lugs ........... will you have an optional strap that loops around the rod above the reel and clips to the harness reel clips ?