boat /fishing meet

Solent Fishing meet  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10/30/2020 at 9:37 AM, Saintly Fish said:

Any other members interested in this potential boat meet/social event?

if yes please cast a positive vote. If not please cast a NO vote. 
This helps us gauge interest. 
many thanks

Just voted "yeah", subject to having a trailable boat afloat God willing. We have to think positive.☺️ Geoff.

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Just voted "yeah", subject to having a trailable boat afloat God willing. We have to think positive.☺️ Geoff.

But it has nothing to do with the will of God. It's all to do with the will of Geoff...

Just saying... 😉

• 3 weeks later...
  • Andy135 pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

We have only 9 votes on this so far. I know Pete will be along later to give more details of a proposed plan. But in the mean time can all those who are interested please add your name, boat name and how you intend arriving ie either by trailered boat or by water to the separate thread I’ve started and pinned. 
This then gives us a chance to start getting an idea of what preparations are required with the marina. 
thanks

summer meat / fish

tide is right for the weekend of the 3 and 4 of july

Mercury mariner  has a slipway, and morings

the thinking is a bbq or the local inn

all are welcome.

letus know if you are intrested

names and boat names and how you intend arriving ie either by trailered boat or by water to the separate thread I’ve started and pinned. 
This then gives us a chance to start getting an idea of what preparations are required with the marina. 
thanks

plenty of rock salmon to go round

Just to expand slightly on Pete’s all too brief invitation.....

The venue for our 2021 boat and fishing meet will be Mercury yacht harbour on the Hamble river in Hampshire near Southampton, for those that don’t know it. 
The idea is to have a social weekend of fishing, beer, BBQ and general fun. 
The chosen tide is a neap over that weekend with a Saturday low of around Mid day and high water approx 18.30. So a comp on Saturday between say 9-6pm. Then back to the marina for a wash down of the boats and bbq starting around 7.30pm (Or depending on numbers and what people want to do, we could take a boat or two into Hamble village and visit a couple of pubs). Drink Beer and wine. 
Sunday we can either have a social fish or people go home it’s all easy. 
Mercury yacht harbour has a large secure car park for those who will be trailering their boats down, overnight moorings can be arrange if wanted or put your boats back on the trailer. Let me know in the other thread. Right next door to Mercury’s there is Badnam  creek where a decent slipway can be used for launch and retrieve. 
I’d recommend if possible people arrive Friday evening, just to make the Saturday morning not so hectic, but this can be discussed further later! 
Get your names down and let’s look forward to a good weekend hopefully! 

• 2 months later...