Been stitched up

jonnyswamp

In this day and age with phone cameras like they are Im surprised anyone would purchase a reel without a few photos. Yes he has done a dodgy deal but why didn't you ask for a photo.

The real looks like it's spent part of its life on the sea floor, I have no reels with that degree of corrosion.

1 hour ago, JDP said:

In this day and age with phone cameras like they are Im surprised anyone would purchase a reel without a few photos. Yes he has done a dodgy deal but why didn't you ask for a photo.

The real looks like it's spent part of its life on the sea floor, I have no reels with that degree of corrosion.

I would agree with you if he was buying it from an unknown seller, but NormB has been on that site for ever, and always comes across as a straight laced guy.For someone who you would think valued their reputation this is odd. Nobody would ever describe that as vgc. 
Hopefully it’s still serviceable though and will be useable. 

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

I would agree with you if he was buying it from an unknown seller, but NormB has been on that site for ever, and always comes across as a straight laced guy.For someone who you would think valued their reputation this is odd. Nobody would ever describe that as vgc. 
Hopefully it’s still serviceable though and will be useable. 

True, not as if he's just joined. It really doesn't make sense, can't believe anyone would use the term vgc for that.

3 minutes ago, JDP said:

True, not as if he's just joined. It really doesn't make sense, can't believe anyone would use the term vgc for that.

And it still would be worth money as ‘ fair condition for age, good working order’ 

Just nipped home and both of the more prominent mods have commented, I've left a post about Hampshire being a bit far for me to pay a visit, just in case the seller has a read

I'll post his name later (if no-one else has) when there's plenty on there

My thread has been closed and I've had a PM of nick phillips saying that although he agrees that it was misrepresented, no forum rules had been broken

If the ad is still running I'll put a couple of pics of the reel on there

Maybe stop some other gullible twat from getting caught

Yes just noticed that Nick Nick had kyboshed your thread, what is wrong with them peeps over there (sorry admin they deserve flack) power freaks

I can count on two hands how many peeps I have had to reign in on the pbsbac website in 20 odd years with the saint filling up one hand lol

Edited by Maverick

6 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

My thread has been closed and I've had a PM of nick phillips saying that although he agrees that it was misrepresented, no forum rules had been broken

If the ad is still running I'll put a couple of pics of the reel on there

Maybe stop some other gullible twat from getting caught

That is very bad. Why, if the reel has been misrepresented, do they (does he) need to shut down the thread? Makes no sense to me.

Just now, Andy135 said:

That is very bad. Why, if the reel has been misrepresented, do they (does he) need to shut down the thread? Makes no sense to me.

I've sent him a reply and also posted some pics on the reel ad 

Told him it doesn't reflect well on the seller or the site if nothing is done 

Oh the drama 😆

I think they have made a boo boo, certainly not protecting Norman as now responses will go to the advert, thinking of their low bar I'm expecting a ban.  Friday night is not a good night to wind people up, first bottle of white gone already :classic_ohmy:

1 minute ago, jonnyswamp said:

I've sent him a reply and also posted some pics on the reel ad 

Told him it doesn't reflect well on the seller or the site if nothing is done 

Oh the drama 😆

Whilst I agree that it's worth pursuing to ensure the truth is known, tread cautiously. Nick has proven himself to ban first and ask questions later.

8 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Whilst I agree that it's worth pursuing to ensure the truth is known, tread cautiously. Nick has proven himself to ban first and ask questions later.

Then once you’re banned you get re banned whenever you sign back up.