Find Jon cook a new boat

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

Just thought it odd that somebody who hates the term would use it also for another. 

What goes around comes around.

7 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

It sure does👍🏻

#nocomment

Don't misconstrue me. My days of playing along are over. If I see any thread-crashing taking place in the Fishy Humour section I'll delete first and ask questions later.

And that's a promise 💋

16 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Don't misconstrue me. My days of playing along are over. If I see any thread-crashing taking place in the Fishy Humour section I'll delete first and ask questions later.

And that's a promise 💋

Ok Nick 👅

5 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

WTF......... hang on.... I don’t even post shit in the wrong place. Why am I arguing on @JonC’s behalf..

Dunno but now we've trashed all over @Jon cook's thread we'd better clean it up. Sorry Jon! 😳

1 minute ago, JonC said:

So busy trying to moderate and delete people you don’t know where you are.

No, but I know where YOU are every time you log on...

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

Oh no. 
I really thought/ hoped that you would have something better to do 

So did I but you've put yourself to the top of my naughty list.

10 hours ago, JonC said:

Prices are through the roof at the moment, best bet is to look further afield like you did. There are some bargains to be had in France it seems. 

Non UK boats are now +20% VAT, makes anything I was looking at way overpriced.

2 minutes ago, Gordmac said:

Non UK boats are now +20% VAT, makes anything I was looking at way overpriced.

Thanks for bringing this back on topic, 

Some people we’re talking on a Facebook page about this and even with the vat they were cheaper. 

8 hours ago, Jon cook said:

crazy how prices seem to be rising

Aint it just, and it seems to be everything. Was on an auction for vintage bikes and they were making more than retail value, tractors the same, lathes have gone through the roof.... I suppose the up side is I have loads of stuff that has nigh on doubled in price........

• 1 month later...

Yes but I'm still boatless!

Was offered a 50% share in a Raider cuddy, but then the seller had a touchnif the 2nds. To be honest id only considered it as the other owner rarely uses it so mightnhave worked although not really ideal.

More promising was an Endeavour 500 i went to see last week. It was advertised wellnover price.

I went to seen after discussing money and a more realistic price.

It was very much unloved an in need of some TLC which is fine. The downside was the state if the keel. Having been mainly trailer launched, there were sone proper chuncks in the hull. Needed patching in about 4 or 5 spots. Mainly gell coat, but 2 were down to the glass.

The trailer was a state, an would have needed a complete overhaul. To highlight that it was even missing a roller an sat on the metal arm..... not encouraged when U was the one to point it out.

Always been trailed.

Orginal 2005 electorincs an wiring so that all needes re doing.

All of that was doable for me, but the priced needed to reflect it.

He wouldn't budge on the money, an being far from a turn key package Ive walked away. Shame as its 3 miles from my house an nit been used for the last couple of years.

Engine was recently service ( almost 800 quid) new fuel pump etc.

I'm hoping he might come back to me but we'll seen. Ive pointed out similar packages going for the money he's asking that are far better in comparison.

It'll haooen but in the mean time I just keep badgering others😂

8 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

Yes but I'm still boatless!

Was offered a 50% share in a Raider cuddy, but then the seller had a touchnif the 2nds. To be honest id only considered it as the other owner rarely uses it so mightnhave worked although not really ideal.

More promising was an Endeavour 500 i went to see last week. It was advertised wellnover price.

I went to seen after discussing money and a more realistic price.

It was very much unloved an in need of some TLC which is fine. The downside was the state if the keel. Having been mainly trailer launched, there were sone proper chuncks in the hull. Needed patching in about 4 or 5 spots. Mainly gell coat, but 2 were down to the glass.

The trailer was a state, an would have needed a complete overhaul. To highlight that it was even missing a roller an sat on the metal arm..... not encouraged when U was the one to point it out.

Always been trailed.

Orginal 2005 electorincs an wiring so that all needes re doing.

All of that was doable for me, but the priced needed to reflect it.

He wouldn't budge on the money, an being far from a turn key package Ive walked away. Shame as its 3 miles from my house an nit been used for the last couple of years.

Engine was recently service ( almost 800 quid) new fuel pump etc.

I'm hoping he might come back to me but we'll seen. Ive pointed out similar packages going for the money he's asking that are far better in comparison.

It'll haooen but in the mean time I just keep badgering others😂

Jon sounds like you did the right thing by walking away. It’s tough out there atm, but something will turn up, just be patient and keep your eye on the ball! 

1 minute ago, Jon cook said:

Some Warriors an Raiders are going for proper silly money..... crazy times, apoears theres plenty of Covid cash knocking about for some.

You say that, was talking to my accountant and he was saying there's plenty having to pay grants back and being fined for the pleasure too.....

Meanwhile. the right boat will turn up, just gotta be ready when it does

For those dishonestly playing the  system then I quite agree - some down here were even being arrested for fraud,  having claimed but still running an open business. 

Something will come along, just don't wanna pay through the nose for it🤣