Find Jon cook a new boat

5 hours ago, mick said:

Think engines might be too heavy for transom,Honda`s are not light .

And they both look to turn the same way. One of them should rotate the opposite way ideally.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

That looks to be a lot of boat for the money, assuming it's genuinely in good nick & been looked after well.

It’s an ex charter so it’s not going to be highly polished but if the engine has been well service then it wouldn’t make a crackling boat. Jon Cook could do a regular day out for us all. 

14 minutes ago, JonC said:

It’s an ex charter so it’s not going to be highly polished but if the engine has been well service then it wouldn’t make a crackling boat. Jon Cook could do a regular day out for us all. 

Provided we all commit and turn up!!

42 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

That looks to be a lot of boat for the money, assuming it's genuinely in good nick & been looked after well.

Looks a good deal that… obviously will need a tidy up but a very good sea boat…

• 9 months later...

Didn't it just, the ridiculous price increases kinda did my legs but allowed me to save a few more pennies until the right boat came along.

Managed to find a raider 18 cuddy.

Pics will follow.

Gonna be a project for the next couple of months as needs a few bits doing - nothing major to most of you guys but all new to me!!

Big thanks to @Jupiters Moon who made this all possible.

I'll start another thread in due course an see if it goes longer than this one!!

14 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

Didn't it just, the ridiculous price increases kinda did my legs but allowed me to save a few more pennies until the right boat came along.

Pics will follow.

Gonna be a project for the next couple of months as needs a few bits doing - nothing major to most of you guys but all new to me!!

I'll start another thread in due course an see if it goes longer than this one!!

If your fixer-upper thread runs to more than 12 pages then you'll have bought a wreck! 🤣.

Well done @Jupiters Moon for twisting Jon's arm enough to make him finally put his hand in his pocket. Herculean effort!

Chop, chop @Jon cook, get a Show Us Yer Boat thread started!

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

If your fixer-upper thread runs to more than 12 pages then you'll have bought a wreck! 🤣.

Well done @Jupiters Moon for twisting Jon's arm enough to make him finally put his hand in his pocket. Herculean effort!

Chop, chop @Jon cook, get a Show Us Yer Boat thread started!

He’s gonna need a sticker. Do we still have a merchandising department at OOs hq? 

15 minutes ago, JonC said:

He’s gonna need a sticker. Do we still have a merchandising department at OOs hq? 

Yep, here: 

Holding prices at pre-inflation rates. £3 per sticker plus £1.50 p&p. Top quality vinyl that doesn't fade in sunlight 👍

19 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Yep, here: 

Holding prices at pre-inflation rates. £3 per sticker plus £1.50 p&p. Top quality vinyl that doesn't fade in sunlight 👍

Did you peel your ones off of JG when you sold her on? 

3 hours ago, Jon cook said:

Pics will follow.

So what is Jeff up to these days, I thought he still had the worrier 175, but was thinking about going for charter skipper tickets.

15 hours ago, GPSguru said:

So what is Jeff up to these days, I thought he still had the worrier 175, but was thinking about going for charter skipper tickets.

He's still got the 175, hasn't sold it yet!

Jeff's helped out with lots of advice etc and came an held my hand as I went to see the boat!