Find Jon cook a new boat

4 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

So, assuming it doesnt sell tomorrow im hopefully off to Look at a boat this weekend.

Insurance and mooring is quoted, an just a phone call away to activate.

As an aside, have many of ya done the powerboat level 2..... ?              I've n agreement with a local firm to do it in my own boat  as an when purchased.

What are you going to view Jon?

Have you read my boat buying guide? It’s just like the bible you know!

As for PBL2, I’ve not bothered to do it. Unless your going to advance to your day skippers course Or your insurance is a few quid cheaper I don’t see the point. Unless, you’ve never owned a boat before and this is your first time at ownership. 

I didn't do PBL2, but then I had experience of motor boats, and boating in general as I was growing up. So like Neil says, unless it confers a tangible benefit or you're literally clueless about boat handling then it's probably not worthwhile.

1 minute ago, Jon cook said:

Precisely that @Saintly Fish, this'll be my first seaboat. World of difference  to lochs, broads an reservoirs so figured its worth investing in. Insurance also require it given.limiyed sea going experience.

Well then that’s fair enough if the insurance want it. You will definitely learn something, especially taking wind AND tide movement into the mix. 
Enjoy and let us know how it goes. 
Now, about my other two questions...

4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I didn't do PBL2, but then I had experience of motor boats, and boating in general as I was growing up. So like Neil says, unless it confers a tangible benefit or you're literally clueless about boat handling then it's probably not worthwhile.

I think the course is worth doing, although I did it after years of having my own boats I still got a few things from it. 

Just now, JonC said:

These books are both useful to have. I have a copy of each on both the boat and in the bog. 

2A374EC9-5F75-4876-890C-B777FFEE258B.jpeg

09A5F32B-575E-40E7-AB7B-27863F071CCE.jpeg

Can’t you as a site Admin at least make the effort to post up straight pictures. What kind of example are you setting the kids?

20 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Now, about my other two questions...

Cant say I'm aware of ur book....

Its a predator 165 but not@Andy135as its quite a bit beyond budget.

Quite possible it'll sell thou. Not an advertised boat  but a viewing already arranged for tomorrow prior to me making contact 

So.........Back to the drawing board.

The 165 Sea angler has sold. In fairness to the seller he did forwarn me he had someone traveling a fair distance to view it.

I'm now kicking myself for not acting quicker as a predator 165 build in 2013 with 70Hp Suzuki and aux was a bit if a steal at 10.5k - you live an learn. 

So back to endless hours scouring the tinternet for boats.......

Keep em peeled folks.

Edited by Jon cook
Fat fingers

1 minute ago, Jon cook said:

The 165 Sea angler has sold. In fairness to the seller he did forwarn me he had someone traveling a fair distance to view it.

I'm now kicking myself for not acting quicker as a predator 165 build in 2013 with 70Hp Suzuki and aux was a bit if a steal at 10.5k - you live an learn. 

So back tomendless hours scouring the tinternet for boats.......

It happens Jon. Shame you missed out this time but you'll find the right one for you before long. 👍

7 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

So back to endless hours scouring the tinternet for boats.......

Keep em peeled folks.

Keep looking, we’re into winter now so good  time to buy

4 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

To be fair, that sounds like a bit of a fire sale price. A bit too keen a price for the spec, so it's not surprising it went quickly.

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

To be fair, that sounds like a bit of a fire sale price. A bit too keen a price for the spec, so it's not surprising it went quickly.

Agreed, the more research I do, the more realise i shoulda taken the day off work to view it sooner

https://www.gumtree.com/p/boats-kayaks-jet-skis/predator-165-fishing-boat-for-sale/1391056874

Dunno if this'll work now its sold.

2013 Predator for sale 70 HP SUZUKI Outboard, full service history (155 hours total run time) 5 HP YAMAHA Auxiliary engine, fully serviced With custom built trailer Includes Garmin VHF, Garmin Fish finder/ plotter and all fishing accessories. Lifejackets (4) fenders etc Ready to launch, can do 33 knots when flat calm

No advert there. Just gives a list of kayaks for sale?

However I think I now know why the boat was priced competitively, based on your post.

I could be wrong... but custom built trailer = home made?

If I'm right I'd question whether it would have been correctly spec'd to be braked and compliant with current trailer regs.