Find Jon cook a new boat

6 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

Anyway no point dwelling on what might of been......🥲

@Saintly FishThanks for the links. I had see them, with the 2 stroke being dismissed for that very reason an the other being a fair ol trek away.

I'm not hung up on the predator model, any fast fisher type will be considered.

Is the £10k rigid Jon?

12 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

There is potential to increase it for the right boat.

10k was a sensible an realistic budget, with plenty around that kinda price. 

There are plenty of boats about, but finding one with a good engine seems to be the challenge. This was on a local page, 690C78CA-5BA0-4896-A27D-1BDD8277A1C0.thumb.png.ee7163e3e4b103035bf7e651eca34efc.png305EFAAF-6ACD-4243-93BA-FFF9FD7A95E9.thumb.png.b1cd9675ace3786a28c1eacb34e2c3d4.png

24 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Have you looked at the one @Andy135 is selling?

Only at the add, looks a great top end package. 

14k is beyond me thou, even if i managed to knock off 20% ( on your articles advice😂), its still missing an aux which is gonna cost me a grand bumping it back ip again.

Not wanting to waste anyone's time thats as far as I've looked at it.

13 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

14k is beyond me thou, even if i managed to knock off 20% ( on your articles advice😂), its still missing an aux which is gonna cost me a grand bumping it back ip again.

Well knock 30% off, Fishy won't mind not getting his commission 🤣🤣

45 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

I have a practically unused 2hp Honda I'd throw into the deal for the right person 😉

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I have a practically unused 2hp Honda I'd throw into the deal for the right person 😉

I can’t see what’s not to like about this deal. A tip top spec’d well looked after boat for great money! 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

I can’t see what’s not to like about this deal. A tip top spec’d well looked after boat for great money! 🤷🏻‍♂️

If 10K is top budget, 14K is miles away, I know that Andy's boat is lovely, but we are not all made of money. One of the reasons that I am building my own boat is because I would like new, but cannot afford it. With self build you can sneak up on the expense side slowly (does not HAVE to be 5/6 years - that is just me with too many projects). Geoff. ☺️

35 minutes ago, Geoff said:

If 10K is top budget, 14K is miles away, I know that Andy's boat is lovely, but we are not all made of money. One of the reasons that I am building my own boat is because I would like new, but cannot afford it. With self build you can sneak up on the expense side slowly (does not HAVE to be 5/6 years - that is just me with too many projects). Geoff. ☺️

Jon said he can stretch his budget for the right boat. Andy said he will throw in an auxiliary motor so Jon doesn’t have to buy one. So there is a deal to be done. I’m not saying Jon must buy Andys, boat only that it is a lovely example and needs nothing spending on it. So Jon could just pay and go, so to speak. 

Sure is a fabulous looking boat an engine combo, an a click an go package that'll make someone very happy im sure.

I could stretch for say a raider 18 or warrior 175, but with lots of 165 sized boats around  some well below my budget.

Something will come along soon enough, by which point thisll become the lingest running thread😂

I don't want insult @Andy135when hes priced it well above my price range in the first place.

Isn't 2HP a bit small as an Aux on a boat like that ??

7 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

Yeah, probably. But then I dont run an aux on it, nor on my other boat. It's a personal choice but engines are so reliable these days, and with sensible battery charge management there should never be a need for an aux.

Something else to consider, but when was the last time you heard anyone say they got home from X miles out by using their auxiliary?

22 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

Possibly but you need to think outside the box Jon. Depending on what year the 2hp is you could sell it and purchase a larger aux that is a bit older. 
(I don’t know the age of Andys aux)