Find Jon cook a new boat

5 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

Im now busy googling quicksilver pilothouse's.......

Go carefully with the 500's. I seem to remember them being known for digging in at the bow in a following sea due to their relatively short length and heavy cabin.

1 hour ago, Jon cook said:

Thanks, but looking online there is limited info . Italian built so that likely explains why the majority was on Italian forums!

Just looking at the pics deck space looks limited🤔

About the same as the quicksilver 500 I reckon. 

7 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:
3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

About the same as the quicksilver 500 I reckon. 

Yep, think I've discounted that too now. Reviews seem very mixed  and as Andy pointed out theres suggestion by some that the highter top heavy cabin makes less stable than the fast fisher types I'm considering.

Read the VHF book already, nothing too complicated there.....Over.

1 minute ago, Jon cook said:

Yep, think I've discounted that too now. Reviews seem very mixed  and as Andy pointed out theres suggestion by some that the highter top heavy cabin makes less stable than the fast fisher types I'm considering.

Read the VHF book already, nothing too complicated there.....Over.

Ok so small pilothouses are out then... over

Pop down your local marina or boat clubs, put the word out for what you’re after. 

look at suitable boats in marinas, find the details of owners and make an offer. This can work well if boat not used much.... 😉 

For example on seansea Marina there are a lot of warrior 165s etc, offer of some hard cash may people think twice.... 

I nearly got an offshore 25 by doing this. But on sea trials the owner realised how nice the boat was abs didn’t sell. Now uses it a lot 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Odyssey

I saw that this mornimg, so messaged him for more details ....

'Hi mate engine 2002 mk1 2000 had boat 5 years never gets used engines just been serviced oil ect by me run the engine ( every *) few weeks'.

(*every) added by me as i presume thats what he meant.

No mention of hours.

Looks well priced an will sell in no time, but 4+ hours away. What put me off was the lack of use especially over the last 5 years on an 18 year old engine........ am i wrong to come to this conclusion🤔🙄

5 minutes ago, Jon cook said:

I saw that this mornimg, so messaged him for more details ....

'Hi mate engine 2002 mk1 2000 had boat 5 years never gets used engines just been serviced oil ect by me run the engine ( every *) few weeks'.

(*every) added by me as i presume thats what he meant.

No mention of hours.

Looks well priced an will sell in no time, but 4+ hours away. What put me off was the lack of use especially over the last 5 years on an 18 year old engine........ am i wrong to come to this conclusion🤔🙄

That age engine I would give it a miss personally 

9 minutes ago, JonC said:

A good tip though is if you’re selling a boat don’t park it next to one that is 10 times bigger! 

I did think he'd perhaps shot himself in the foot there 🤣