Short evening session

JonC

Certainly looks thick with fish on the sounder. Good to see you had a decent angler onboard showing you how its done. 

Do you use those clips for attaching the lures much ? I wouldn't put to much pressure on a decent fish while using them.

5 hours ago, JDP said:

Certainly looks thick with fish on the sounder. Good to see you had a decent angler onboard showing you how its done. 

Do you use those clips for attaching the lures much ? I wouldn't put to much pressure on a decent fish while using them.

I don’t do much lure fishing, it’s not that much of a fing in the Thames so I just used what I had on board. 

21 hours ago, JonC said:

I don’t do much lure fishing, it’s not that much of a fing in the Thames so I just used what I had on board. 

Must admit I liked the look of the lure with that second hook with tinsel. Was your daughter able to hook the fish by dropping the lure under the boat or did she need to cast it . 
Is it usual to have that many bass like that or is it a once in a blue moon thing ( which by chance is what we have today ).

I remember a post where you caught heaps of rays which also seemed quite prolific back when you posted it.

4 hours ago, JDP said:

Must admit I liked the look of the lure with that second hook with tinsel. Was your daughter able to hook the fish by dropping the lure under the boat or did she need to cast it . 
Is it usual to have that many bass like that or is it a once in a blue moon thing ( which by chance is what we have today ).

I remember a post where you caught heaps of rays which also seemed quite prolific back when you posted it.

It’s normal this time of year for the bass to be in the river in massive numbers. I don’t usually bother with them as it’s so hard to get through the smaller fish that it’s almost impossible to get the better ones. It doesn’t matter what size jig is used they still hit it. 
We were mostly just dropping straight down, it’s a fun way for kids to fish and it kept my baby entertained for a couple of hours. 

On 8/2/2023 at 3:12 AM, JDP said:

Just looked, it was a 20g Seadra

IMG_0367.jpeg