What’s the worst thing that you’ve been blamed for?

JonC

Well, as above? At work I get the blame for a lot of stuff, as you can imagine scaffolding is fairly destructive in the wrong hands, but if I just smashed the granny out of stuff I’d soon be out of business. I always have a good look around before starting work, and take plenty of pictures of any damage when I turn up and make sure they are note. 
Ive been accused of other things too like not flushing the chain or drinking too much. 
How about you? Any wild unfounded accusations? 

6 hours ago, JonC said:

Well, as above? At work I get the blame for a lot of stuff, as you can imagine scaffolding is fairly destructive in the wrong hands, but if I just smashed the granny out of stuff I’d soon be out of business. I always have a good look around before starting work, and take plenty of pictures of any damage when I turn up and make sure they are note. 
Ive been accused of other things too like not flushing the chain or drinking too much. 
How about you? Any wild unfounded accusations? 

You need to develop sloped shoulders Jon ............. one of my nick names when working was 'Teflon' 😉

Accusations aplenty!! Including a couple of interesting charge sheets..... Lazy police, charge someone so they will do the legwork. Was charged with stealing cars, whilst running a scrapyard......

I got blamed for a train wheelset being dropped in the pit..... Big enquiry over that one, because I left shortly after I got blamed for it although it was my mate who hadn't undone the earth strap and the manager who decided to cover it up...........

Can't say I've been blamed for much in my working life as I'm usually the first to put my hand up and admit any fuck ups

i got the blame for a f...  up . i was geting it in the neck big time, we had a meating in the manergers office with the area managerin attendance. when  i arsked when and where this happend. and the date was given, i said i was on a day off, check the time sheets.i was told to go back to woork. no apolergy, no sorry.istarted to look for anouther job

7 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

i got the blame for a f...  up . i was geting it in the neck big time, we had a meating in the manergers office with the area managerin attendance. when  i arsked when and where this happend. and the date was given, i said i was on a day off, check the time sheets.i was told to go back to woork. no apolergy, no sorry.istarted to look for anouther job

In contrast to that, one evening had started fitting the pipe racks and mudguards on a road tanker, only after fitting the 2 end brackets it was blatantly obvious they were wrong. As no-one was around to ask, I left it and got on with something else.....

Next morning I got called into the office, with a grim faced manager asking why I'd fucked up and left it. After explaining that the build sheet was wrong and no-one around to ask, he asked me to get the build sheet and drawing. Both duly delivered, he apologised, saying drawing office had been asked to correct the dimensions at least 6 months prior..... As I turned to leave, he said, No, wait there, rang the drawing office and gave them a mighty fucking in to..... He said after, that was for your benefit, only fair as you was going to get the same......

19 hours ago, GPSguru said:

one of my nick names when working was 'Teflon' 😉

We used to call one of our maintenance guys Teflon - he was well known for his non- stick welding. Geoff.

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

In contrast to that, one evening had started fitting the pipe racks and mudguards on a road tanker, only after fitting the 2 end brackets it was blatantly obvious they were wrong. As no-one was around to ask, I left it and got on with something else.....

Next morning I got called into the office, with a grim faced manager asking why I'd fucked up and left it. After explaining that the build sheet was wrong and no-one around to ask, he asked me to get the build sheet and drawing. Both duly delivered, he apologised, saying drawing office had been asked to correct the dimensions at least 6 months prior..... As I turned to leave, he said, No, wait there, rang the drawing office and gave them a mighty fucking in to..... He said after, that was for your benefit, only fair as you was going to get the same......

I don’t put any signs on my truck or on my scaffold, in my experience it just makes it easy for people to moan and I get more people looking for work than offering. 
On the occasions where I have had people phoning moaning about things I have given myself a massive bollocking over the phone and even sacked myself on the spot before.