Bolt rig

2 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

It works in the Western Solent on the smaller tides, but to be fair I had them work in all but the biggest springs around Nab.  I don't use them to properly pop a bait up but more as an offset of the weight of the hook and line so the bait flutters enticingly

How long do you keep the squid past the hook?

😂🤣😂

Luke (@Odyssey) will soon be enquiring about  helicopter rigs, Chod rigs, 360 rigs, snowman rigs, in-line drop off rigs,  and Zig rigs  ....................:classic_ninja:

I have been known to hair rig a Joey or Whiting livebait ......... they last longer and are more active ...........

Edited by GPSguru

I’ve used running ledgers, I gave up for tope and hounds. 

Ive had them hit the bait so hard the lead ends up on the mainline stuck behind leader knot. 

I’ll use a paternoster rig, but don’t like crimps. So looking for a STRONG 3 way swivel or any other way that won’t tangle. The old way of a blood loop will tangle too much....

28 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I’ve used running ledgers, I gave up for tope and hounds. 

Ive had them hit the bait so hard the lead ends up on the mainline stuck behind leader knot. 

I’ll use a paternoster rig, but don’t like crimps. So looking for a STRONG 3 way swivel or any other way that won’t tangle. The old way of a blood loop will tangle too much....

PM incoming ...........

16 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Unless this is a state secret of the Jon le carre stylie, why has this gone to PM ?

Because they don’t want you knowing all their secrets and catching all their fish. Obviously. 

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Unless this is a state secret of the Jon le carre stylie, why has this gone to PM ?

Because I needed to know where to send a package to the welch needy as they have suffered badly with this virus due to lack of social distancing standing in the queue to shag the communal sheep tied to a lamp post in the town centre  🤣

6 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Because I needed to know where to send a package to the welch needy as they have suffered badly with this virus due to lack of social distancing standing in the queue to shag the communal sheep tied to a lamp post in the town centre  🤣

Ian wins the internet today!  🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Fair enough then. 

15 hours ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

The pop ups give your bait a more neutral buoyancy if set up right.  I ran a side by side test of two identical rigs on the Bream one with yellow pop ups and one without.   The pop up rig out-fished the other rig by a considerable margin.  Usually set with 1 or 2 yellow (Seems to be the colour for Bream) pop up beads just above the hook.

I have been using them on all my scratching rigs and you'd be surprised what you catch on them.  I took my niece out for the Bream early this year set her up on a pop up rig, she caught a small Tope, a fair few Smoothound amongst the Bream again I was fishing a non popped rig for a test and she out-fished me massively.

You'd also be surprised by the amount of Ray's I have had on it.

Scott - thanks for sharing. Quality post 👍

3 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I am sure that @Odyssey will be happy to spill the beans in a couple days time .......

@GPSguru has kindly offered to send a few sample parts over to myself so a donation to RNLI will be on the way soon! Penarth, Porthcawl or Angle depending on where/when I am next on the coast 🙂 

On a lighter note. The sheep are safe from me..... 😉