my project boat ( or mony pit )

captin slows old outlaw

Well done Steve - keep the pennies coming in. I have not really been lazy, just staying indoors keeping warm and hoping to st virus free. I am making a 24th scale Elizabethan style  dolls house for Joyce - basically finished now, but of course she now wants me to make the fireplaces and furniture! Geoff.

11 hours ago, Geoff said:

Well done Steve - keep the pennies coming in. I have not really been lazy, just staying indoors keeping warm and hoping to st virus free. I am making a 24th scale Elizabethan style  dolls house for Joyce - basically finished now, but of course she now wants me to make the fireplaces and furniture! Geoff.

what about the kitchen, and the staff for this grand house.

i have upgraded my mariner 40 6e9 to a electrik start, then added a el\ choke. i was thing of a el\ tilt trim. but thats for next winter.

so i will keep my eyes open for a 2nd hand one. i am looking into which ones i can youse instead of a 6e9 one.i have to meshur the  bracket. then look for a simerler one. i have the cables and switch . i am making the engin harnes as i go

12 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

i have upgraded my mariner 40 6e9 to a electrik start, then added a el\ choke. i was thing of a el\ tilt trim. but thats for next winter.

so i will keep my eyes open for a 2nd hand one. i am looking into which ones i can youse instead of a 6e9 one.i have to meshur the  bracket. then look for a simerler one. i have the cables and switch . i am making the engin harnes as i go

I seem to recall a supplier telling me that the later (early 4 stroke ) lowers are the same, so may be an option. Certainly worth checking out

becouse its raining  i done a bit in some of my toys new el conecters ect, cleaned my glass rollers ect.

i wunder dose anybody know . a 14 mil bolt what dose it mesure acrose the threds 13.8 mil ?? would you belive i have not got one to try. the bolt that came out has a larger head for a better seal. so i am puseld

please help

thank you

i got myself a trumpet horn for the boat. yes andy i can blow my own horn. it was dameged and didnot woork. well it makes a noise now.  poor nabers he he.

the horn has a bit missing out the end, so i have made a mould , (waiting fr it to set ) so watch this space.

22 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

becouse its raining  i done a bit in some of my toys new el conecters ect, cleaned my glass rollers ect.

i wunder dose anybody know . a 14 mil bolt what dose it mesure acrose the threds 13.8 mil ?? would you belive i have not got one to try. the bolt that came out has a larger head for a better seal. so i am puseld

please help

thank you

13,8 seems feasible for a M14 bolt. Biggest tell is whats on the bolt head, if it has a number, 8.8.10.6 etc then its def metric

1 minute ago, suzook12 said:

13,8 seems feasible for a M14 bolt. Biggest tell is whats on the bolt head, if it has a number, 8.8.10.6 etc then its def metric

thanks mate i knew you would be one of the first to reply, the bolt is ehere i would put a heat seancer water temp.

18 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

thanks mate i knew you would be one of the first to reply, the bolt is ehere i would put a heat seancer water temp.

Std M14 is 22mm across flats, but a water temo sensor could be anything, BSP, NPT, NPP but the bolt head should give some indication.

4 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

M14 metric fine, there are also finer threads, so always state which you want, a std M14 is m14 x 2

i have a gaget to mesure the thread (a bit like a feler gage , you put the apropeate size th the bolt it has teath that match the thread

if it fits thats the one thanks mate

• 5 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

to day i removed and replaced the tilt tub, lots of wd 40 ,  and a driver to remove it

put the cable tidy case on and started to thread the cables,

Well done Pete, the food weather is starting to arrive slowly so now it’s a race for July!