my project boat ( or mony pit )

captin slows old outlaw

i have removed the prop off my 75 hp. to find a lote of hard white stuff over the the rear rubber (nearest the gear box )

i persome its salt. so i will put it in fresh water to see if it will come out , i thought it was ally  rust but it is not that on closer inspection.

i was serprised  the prop came off so easerly.

anny thoughts

9 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

i have removed the prop off my 75 hp. to find a lote of hard white stuff over the the rear rubber (nearest the gear box )

i persome its salt. so i will put it in fresh water to see if it will come out , i thought it was ally  rust but it is not that on closer inspection.

i was serprised  the prop came off so easerly.

anny thoughts

Can you post a pic Pete? Will be easier if we can see what's there.

19 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

well i soaked  it , no movement, poked it no movment. had a scrape  and anouther look with  wit the glass it looks like an zink anode ?????

Have you tried pouring petrol on it and setting fire to it? 
Worked for @suzook12 on his transit. 

19 minutes ago, JonC said:

if you rember the 75 cought fire all on its own , few years back in the marina on the fuling jety he he was fun.

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Transit??? Bloody transit?? I'll have you know it was nothing as common as a transit, it's a proper van, an Iveco daily I'll have you know!!! 🤣

49 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

if you rember the 75 cought fire all on its own , few years back in the marina on the fuling jety he he was fun.

What engine is it Pete? Is it a 3 cyl merc/mariner?

4 hours ago, suzook12 said:

What engine is it Pete? Is it a 3 cyl merc/mariner?

4 pot 2 st 75 hp  1986 mariner

no damage dun not evin a bernt wire i was very loucky mind you i put plenty of water on it.

its a bit hevey for my boat thats why i bougt the 40 of you. im not in a hury to get it back together. whont to get back on the water first

7 hours ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

its twin carb, and smouther than the 3 pot, the guy i got it from had put new coils on it ect so it was up a good by

Cool, I have a 55 and 60 twin now.....

Can't find any info relating to your prop tho.......

10 hours ago, suzook12 said:

Cool, I have a 55 and 60 twin now.....

Can't find any info relating to your prop tho.......

i think its an anoad of some sort its not a thurst wosher carnt find it in my books ,

i will go and see the mariner agent and show him .  see what he thinks

its a solas prop

Edited by captin slows old outlaw

2 minutes ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

i think its an anoad of some sort its not a thurst wosher carnt find it in my books ,

i will go and see the mariner agent and show him .  see what he thinks

its a solas prop

Are you ready to launch yet Pete? Only two weeks to go!! 

• 2 weeks later...

just my luck, fited the new fish finder  terifik, put the cables in and conected the sat nav its dead just my luck latley so have to get a new one.

so if you whont some parts for a garmin 176c see the  for sale section plenty of bits on there

1 hour ago, captin slows old outlaw said:

just my luck, fited the new fish finder  terifik, put the cables in and conected the sat nav its dead just my luck latley so have to get a new one.

so if you whont some parts for a garmin 176c see the  for sale section plenty of bits on there

When you say it's dead Pete, have you checked the wiring? Are you certain it's getting power? Possible corrosion somewhere between the battery and the unit?

its batterys or boat baterys thanks for info i have checked on a couple of fourms it looks like a modual gone garman dont repair  or serport them  as to old   ( bit like me🤣 )

if i got anouther 2nd hand one it would be half or more to get it . so a new one with all the add ons is wort it sainty  ( bless him ) has got me a very good price on a new one