This lockdown thing?

JonC

I’m getting really bored of it now. The first one was pretty good in as much as I’d never had more than a long weekend at home without reason. I spent more time with my kids this summer than I have through the rest of their lives and I live in a fairly nice location near the beach away from town so very relaxing. I got loads of stuff done at home  as well. Like most people I took a financial kicking but it almost felt worth it. 
I’m well bored of it now though, nowhere near as good in winter. I know we can go fishing but it seems wrong, and there aint nothing to catch anyway.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

You know my feelings on the subject Jon. The quicker we can get back to some semblance of normality, safely, the better.

Yes it’s had it’s upsides but well and truly run it’s coarse now

I was quite flippant about it all first time round. Especially when the “bring out your dead” trucks never turned up like we all thought they would. But, now my Mrs has had it twice and now resigned from her job because of it, I’m taking the whole situation a lot more serious. Ok so it’s cold and crap outside, but even if it wasn’t and even if the boat was in the water I’d still not be out fishing. 
Im not one to over react and get all silly and paranoid like some, just sticking to the rules. Doing my bit I suppose. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Same here Neil.  IMV Some peeps are still not getting it or taking it seriously enough though. 

My lad had to go and do a gas safe certificate and boiler repair beginning of this week.  He duly sanitised his hands on arrival and donned a mask.  The tenant asked if he should wear a mask, my lad said no just take yourself into another room.  Whilst there my lad heard the tenant on the phone saying to whoever that he had had a test and was self isolating whilst waiting for the result.  My lad packed his kit away and left without saying a word or finishing his job, all this even though prior to our arrival  we send both a text and email out asking questions about their health.  Told the landlord the position and charged him for a missed appointment.  Some do need to take it more seriously and if everyone did we may not be in as bad a position as we are.

BTW sorry to hear about your missus, hope she is ok now

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Maverick said:

BTW sorry to hear about your missus, hope she is ok now

Thanks Martin. She’s over the worst but not 100%.  Last time it took nearly 6 months for her to get fully fit. Then 3 months later she goes down again. To say she’s fed up would be an understatement. P

I think one of the worst things to happen was when someone deliberately used the whole thing as a way to invite someone to go fishing then weaponise it to uninvite them later that day. After the person had got all their stuff loaded in the car and made all their packed lunch and everything. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

👆🏻That really is the pit of low behaviour. An unthinkable act of cruelty. Some people just don’t know how to behave.

There have been a lot of scams going about but I think by comparison they all seemed quite harmless and trivial. 

35 minutes ago, Maverick said:

My lad had to go and do a gas safe certificate and boiler repair beginning of this week.  He duly sanitised his hands on arrival and donned a mask.  The tenant asked if he should wear a mask, my lad said no just take yourself into another room.  Whilst there my lad heard the tenant on the phone saying to whoever that he had had a test and was self isolating whilst waiting for the result.  My lad packed his kit away and left without saying a word or finishing his job, all this even though prior to our arrival  we send both a text and email out asking questions about their health.  Told the landlord the position and charged him for a missed appointment.  Some do need to take it more seriously and if everyone did we may not be in as bad a position as we are.

That's atrocious Martin! Your lad did the right thing in my opinion.

Beggars belief that some people just don't understand what self-isolating is. 😤

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, JonC said:

There have been a lot of scams going about but I think by comparison they all seemed quite harmless and trivial. 

we have had 3 phone calls about not paying the broad band / phone bill shame i can look up my acount on the net