Live bait tank setups?

17 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

@Saintly Fish has one that he bought from one of the PBSBAC boys, and I have one that the previous owner of my boat included as part of the sale. I'll dig it out and take a few pics, but it doesn't have scoops.

Yes but you lot won’t have one as good as my mate @JDP

such a shame he sunk them all. 

2 hours ago, JonC said:

Yes but you lot won’t have one as good as my mate @JDP

such a shame he sunk them all. 

Don't remember sinking any, so maybe you were having a dream about me, sounds like a wet one!!!!

Most boats here come with built in live bait tanks, as live bait fishing is so common all around the country. However my little zodiac didn't have anywhere for a tank so I made this one up.

1 minute ago, Odyssey said:

Makes sure you got a lid if you’re leaving it for a while.... seagulls will steal your bait if you’re not careful 😬

Not sure if they still do this back there but back when I lived there people would use the stainless inside drum of a washing machine hung over the side of their boats in harbours on moored boats to keep baits a few days.

14 hours ago, JonC said:

@JDPthats not the setup in my dream, the one I’m on about had a raw water scoop fitted over the transom. 

That has a raw water scoop in the video, it sits under the pump. It scoops water without the pump running as you move but when you stop you need to turn the pump on.

1 minute ago, JDP said:

That has a raw water scoop in the video, it sits under the pump. It scoops water without the pump running as you move but when you stop you need to turn the pump on.

I want one with a scoop that works when you’re not underway 

16 hours ago, JonC said:

I want one with a scoop that works when you’re not underway 

Bilge pump with a hose over the side...

Edited by Odyssey

40 minutes ago, JonC said:

That requires a battery though. I want JonD to come up with perpetual motion 

Get @Andy135 to train one of his pet dogfish to swim around in circles to create a vortex that draws water in

I have a vague memory of seeing a warrior with the boarding ladder adapted to make a deck wash whilst underway

Think one of the ladder tubes was cut at 45 degrees with a hose and shut off valve added to the top of tube as you motor along the water was force up tube etc

i have an idea it worked quite well was more powerful than you thought, but I suppose water being forced whilst doing excess of 20+ knots would be

On 1/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, JonC said:

I seem to remember @JDP had a bait tank on one of his boats that he sunk a few years ago. It had a forward facing pick up scoop on it? 
Or did I dream it ? I don’t generally dream about him. 

year ok we belive you