mid channel brace

DINOBOY

15 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Dino's pics were from inshore marks, happy to steam 15-20 miles out for decent fishing.

Experience tells me all those wrecks will be 20+ miles. I regularly fish the Modavia (19.5 miles) and you can expect that stamp of fish. There are line of wrecks there (Lord Hailsham, Dywer, HMS LCT, Harstad, etc) and one of them will hold a decent stamp of fish. At this distance you also stand a good chance of a summer Cod.

We class inshore wrecks as being those that are up to 10 miles out, on these the stamp of fish is generally smaller with 5lb - 7lb Pollock being a good fish, however, most of the inshore wrecks hold a decent head of Bass to 8lb or so. There are also a lot more Pout (spinners 🤣) on the inshore wrecks

This is  a 10lb Pollock from an 8 mile wreck (Feb last year)

GH010046.thumb.jpg.0539cd09a54bf05056251d4c4da8177b.jpg

Edited by GPSguru

3 hours ago, Dicky said:

Just checked on navionics app and the Dwyer is about 15 miles from Brixham and the Rotorua 20 miles out so within our range, insurance limit of 20 miles.

Yep, the distances I gave were from Teignmouth.

From Brixham the Modavia is 18Nm.

My insurance covers me anywhere in the English Channel from Brest to the River Elbe ..........this is what the small print says,

Cruising Range: UK Coastal & Inland waters extended to include continental waters Brest to the River Elbe  

16 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Yep, the distances I gave were from Teignmouth.

From Brixham the Modavia is 18Nm.

My insurance covers me anywhere in the English Channel from Brest to the River Elbe ..........this is what the small print says,

Cruising Range: UK Coastal & Inland waters extended to include continental waters Brest to the River Elbe  

I’ve got the same clause.... rang up my insurance company to check my trips were ok and confirmed they are 🙂 

13 hours ago, DINOBOY said:

yeah the second collection of pics are all within one mile of the shore 

Are you out from Brixham? Soon as we can travel we will be on tour lol. Not really local form Oxfordshire so out of limits at the mo, i'm stuck with coarse fishing which isn't the same really.

4 minutes ago, Dicky said:

Are you out from Brixham? Soon as we can travel we will be on tour lol. Not really local form Oxfordshire so out of limits at the mo, i'm stuck with coarse fishing which isn't the same really.

No I’m in Cornwall buddy. Mevagissey