Jump to content

Newbie


FreeDinky
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi guys just joined

My names nigel I'm from sevenoaks Kent and I've got a qs 640 pilothouse in cobbs quay . Only had it there a couple of weeks so I'm new to poole fishing only been out on it once and caught a lovely bass . Also yes I now know there's a very large mudbank outside of cobbs on the low water (which I luckily got of with a little luck ) lol 

Nigel 

Out to learn and catch some lovely fish 🐟

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Nigel. 
welcome to the outlaws. Glad you found your way over. 
The QS 640 is a lovely boat, is it your first boat or just a new to you one? And what made to decide on Cobbs in Poole as a marina? It’s a long way to go, or do you now live in Poole? 
Neil

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome Nigel 👍

Sevenoaks to Poole is a bit of a trek. How long does it take you each way?

Post up some photos of your QS on the Show Us Yer Boat thread - we love a bit of good clean boat porn 👍

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nigel you have learnt your first lesson, there are no short cuts in holes bay, stick to the channel going in and out or by the moorings everywhere else is out of bounds :classic_rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Welcome Nigel 👍

Sevenoaks to Poole is a bit of a trek. How long does it take you each way?

Post up some photos of your QS on the Show Us Yer Boat thread - we love a bit of good clean boat porn 👍

 

Or dirty boat porn! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Hi Nigel. 
welcome to the outlaws. Glad you found your way over. 
The QS 640 is a lovely boat, is it your first boat or just a new to you one? And what made to decide on Cobbs in Poole as a marina? It’s a long way to go, or do you now live in Poole? 
Neil

Hi Neil I've been working too much and decided I need to chill out and relax more and appreciate life so I decided to buy a boat in lockdown its my 1st boat I bought it from clipper marine based in cobbs quay so I just thought it'd be easiest to leave it there as a base . If there's any one out there who come from cobbs I'd love to meet up and follow you so I can learn lol 

Nigel 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FreeDinky said:

Hi Neil I've been working too much and decided I need to chill out and relax more and appreciate life so I decided to buy a boat in lockdown its my 1st boat I bought it from clipper marine based in cobbs quay so I just thought it'd be easiest to leave it there as a base . If there's any one out there who come from cobbs I'd love to meet up and follow you so I can learn lol 

Nigel 

Well on here you have @Maverick @MegaByteand @mick
But most are out of the water doing maintenance. And also due to Covid restrictions not many venturing out who don’t live local. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, FreeDinky said:

Hi Neil I've been working too much and decided I need to chill out and relax more and appreciate life so I decided to buy a boat in lockdown its my 1st boat I bought it from clipper marine based in cobbs quay so I just thought it'd be easiest to leave it there as a base . If there's any one out there who come from cobbs I'd love to meet up and follow you so I can learn lol 

Nigel 

I take it, it's the 640 that was second on the left just inside the gates at Cobbs, I kept looking at that but couldn't get "executive" approval.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

The wife didn’t like it Brian?

Not enough rod holders apparently 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MegaByte said:

I take it, it's the 640 that was second on the left just inside the gates at Cobbs, I kept looking at that but couldn't get "executive" approval.

That's the one mate its my 1st boat im loving it 😄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shout if you need any help with new boat stuff. We've all been there and it can be a minefield of things to do and remember.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Not enough rod holders apparently 😉

Yes, not as many as my present boat !!!!🤣

Rods.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Shout if you need any help with new boat stuff. We've all been there and it can be a minefield of things to do and remember.

Hi Andy I've got to fit a new fish finder ive bought one but ivr never fitted any thing like this im hopping it's pretty straight forward. But if any ones fitted one before and they know some tricks please let me know. I think it's got to be lifted out to fit the transducer thingy ? It's a garmin striker 7cv . Looks ok better than the one that's in there at the moment it must be about 15 years old not even colour lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FreeDinky said:

Hi Andy I've got to fit a new fish finder ive bought one but ivr never fitted any thing like this im hopping it's pretty straight forward. But if any ones fitted one before and they know some tricks please let me know. I think it's got to be lifted out to fit the transducer thingy ? It's a garmin striker 7cv . Looks ok better than the one that's in there at the moment it must be about 15 years old not even colour lol 

Fitting a FF is very simple, as is fitting a transducer. A few screws and a couple of wires basically. Shout when you're ready and we can talk you through it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Fitting a FF is very simple, as is fitting a transducer. A few screws and a couple of wires basically. Shout when you're ready and we can talk you through it.

Ok thank you 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...