Rod & reel lanyards

DINOBOY

Bored in front of the telly so decided to knock up some safety lanyards for the shark gear.  50mm s/s krabs tied in to 4mm 550lb parachute cord. These cost me less than £1.50 a pop.  

35A68F40-47D4-42E1-89AA-0208F21B55FF.jpeg

• Like 1

I do similar. 

There is someone on Facebook charging stupid money for these, it’s got a spliced end, so what....

Same with shark rigs, crazy money for something so simple.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

I do similar. 

There is someone on Facebook charging stupid money for these, it’s got a spliced end, so what....

Same with shark rigs, crazy money for something so simple.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Maybe you should get into selling rigs and bits?

7 hours ago, JonC said:

Maybe you should get into selling rigs and bits?

Maybe....

It’s a bit boring making rigs, maybe that is why some people charge £25 for one when it costs £3...

50 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

@DINOBOY, I reckon you could have a little side-hustle there. Got to be worth, what, a fiver a pop for those who don't have the time or inclination to do it themselves?

Even more betterer, learn to splice the cord and sell them for £5.50

29 minutes ago, DINOBOY said:

Splice paracord are you having a laugh? 🤣🤣

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen! But maybe you could crimp it? Quicker than knotting and looks professional.

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen! But maybe you could crimp it? Quicker than knotting and looks professional.

I wasn’t specifically thinking of paracord. There are plenty of thin cords available, any chandler will have a good range 

Just now, JonC said:

I wasn’t specifically thinking of paracord. There are plenty of thin cords available, any chandler will have a good range 

Fair point.

2 hours ago, JonC said:

I would expect nothing less from you. So much tidier than double hope hitches 

Mine are tied with a crown Knott, I have splicing needles here and a day off tomorrow I will have a little play 👍

5 hours ago, DINOBOY said:

Mine are tied with a crown Knott, I have splicing needles here and a day off tomorrow I will have a little play 👍

Take no notice of Jon. Hes winding you up. If your happy with your bulky belt and braces Knot then you stick with it mate! 💪🏻👍🏻

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DINOBOY said:

Right you lot suck this one lol.  
spliced hollow core style 👍

1C2C9544-E1A4-4EB2-B852-1551F4B7FE23.jpeg

You’ve cheated. All you’ve done there is stuff one end into the core. A quick tug and it’ll all come undone. 😉

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

You’ve cheated. All you’ve done there is stuff one end into the core. A quick tug and it’ll all come undone. 😉

nope they are actually heat fused on the end inside to secure but as with and kind of splice its tension that makes it work, I only done for the laugh and im sticking with the Knott as im sure the fish won't mind 😂😂😂👍

Edited by DINOBOY
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DINOBOY said:

nope they are actually heat fused on the end inside to secure but as with and kind of splice its tension that makes it work, I only done for the laugh and im sticking with the Knott as im sure the fish won't mind 😂😂😂👍

Don’t blame you. I quite liked the granny knot on the first one anyways. 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Don’t blame you. I quite liked the granny knot on the first one anyways. 

this stuff is way too small to use the Brummel lock on it, I will get your level wind off in a bit bud you cheeky fucker lol

• Haha 3