Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

On 5/13/2022 at 6:28 PM, GPSguru said:

I didn't know they had a factory, I just thought they emptied the dog shite bins into plastic pots 🤮😇🤔

There is a factory yes, I used to walk the dog around there, explains why there were so many dog 💩 bins 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It was a wet weekend which didn't stop the group of kids we took to the snow chasing trout, biggest went 7lb but some far bigger fish were lost. 

From the mountains back to the ocean was also very eventful (stressful). From big seas, great white, blown air hose on one of the divers, water hose blown on the honda 🤨 its been a crazy few days. Anyone who is using the big Honda's, be sure to check if yours has a known issue with these hoses as the water pressure will fill inside the cowling in seconds. The water also destroyed one of the coils and will no doubt have follow on issues in the future from the saltwater.

8 hours ago, JDP said:

It was a wet weekend which didn't stop the group of kids we took to the snow chasing trout, biggest went 7lb but some far bigger fish were lost. 

From the mountains back to the ocean was also very eventful (stressful). From big seas, great white, blown air hose on one of the divers, water hose blown on the honda 🤨 its been a crazy few days. Anyone who is using the big Honda's, be sure to check if yours has a known issue with these hoses as the water pressure will fill inside the cowling in seconds. The water also destroyed one of the coils and will no doubt have follow on issues in the future from the saltwater.

Eventful weekend indeed by sounds of it 👍

Kin'ell, I will have to put this here as there was no catch to report ! 🙄

Went out with Brother in law James this morning. We were hoping to go out to the 20 - 30 mile wrecks, but the sea state had other ideas, and although we ere still able to do 22kts, it was just not quick enough for a morning session as we had to be back lunchtime for the tide and the school run. To do that run and get some quality fishing time in, then I need to be doing 26 - 30kts.

When leaving the slipway, we noted that the water was quite brown and there was a lot of foam / scum floating around, this normally indicates May bloom has taken hold good and proper, so my hopes of good inshore fishing were quickly diminishing !

We went to 4 inshore wrecks, covered 27nm and neither of us even got a tap on the lures. Even at 9 miles out, the water clarity was pretty grim, and I lost sight of the lure at about 3ft down. The water was that Bloom green / brown colour with those millions of silver flecks that you associate with a prominent algae bloom. It looks like the bloom is now in full swing, especially as the water temp has risen to 14C.

In desperation, on the last inshore wreck, I tried baited tinsels, the bottom 2 with squid and the top 2 with mack, but even this didn't provoke any response at all.

IIRC, this is the first blank for 3 years ......... not too shabby I suppose.

1 minute ago, GPSguru said:

Kin'ell, I will have to put this here as there was no catch to report ! 🙄

Went out with Brother in law James this morning. We were hoping to go out to the 20 - 30 mile wrecks, but the sea state had other ideas, and although we ere still able to do 22kts, it was just not quick enough for a morning session as we had to be back lunchtime for the tide and the school run. To do that run and get some quality fishing time in, then I need to be doing 26 - 30kts.

When leaving the slipway, we noted that the water was quite brown and there was a lot of foam / scum floating around, this normally indicates May bloom has taken hold good and proper, so my hopes of good inshore fishing were quickly diminishing !

We went to 4 inshore wrecks, covered 27nm and neither of us even got a tap on the lures. Even at 9 miles out, the water clarity was pretty grim, and I lost sight of the lure at about 3ft down. The water was that Bloom green / brown colour with those millions of silver flecks that you associate with a prominent algae bloom. It looks like the bloom is now in full swing, especially as the water temp has risen to 14C.

In desperation, on the last inshore wreck, I tried baited tinsels, the bottom 2 with squid and the top 2 with mack, but even this didn't provoke any response at all.

IIRC, this is the first blank for 3 years ......... not too shabby I suppose.

No shame in a blank, especially if your last one can be measured in years not weeks! Suggest you do post it as a Catch Report as it's healthy to post the blanks as well as the successes. If nothing else it gives noobie lurkers a more realistic view of boat angling 👍

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

No shame in a blank, especially if your last one can be measured in years not weeks! Suggest you do post it as a Catch Report as it's healthy to post the blanks as well as the successes. If nothing else it gives noobie lurkers a more realistic view of boat angling 👍

Done that Andy, you can delete it here and your reply if you want ............ thanks

I'm out Sunday. Not sure where to yet, out of Calshot. Will probably try bramble and gilkicker unless someone has better suggestion. Last 3 trips have only produced a whiting to eat so a nice bass/Mackrel or anything else worth eating is the target 

1 minute ago, LostPiker said:

I'm out Sunday. Not sure where to yet, out of Calshot. Will probably try bramble and gilkicker unless someone has better suggestion. Last 3 trips have only produced a whiting to eat so a nice bass/Mackrel or anything else worth eating is the target 

Ive suggested it before to you, but not heard you mention it. West Lepe bouy! 
Anchor half way down the channel drop off. Best 2.5hrs before and after change of tide. 
You can get hounds, bream, straps, rays, dogs etc. 

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

Ive suggested it before to you, but not heard you mention it. West Lepe bouy! 
Anchor half way down the channel drop off. Best 2.5hrs before and after change of tide. 
You can get hounds, bream, straps, rays, dogs etc. 

if you don't want to go that far, try east Lepe too. You'll get the same species but not so many bream. 
You'll need plenty of fresh bait as the water quality is not great atm, so get plenty of scent going. 

5 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I'm not really sure what @JonC is on about? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I do not think that anybody is ever aware of what JC is on about. I personally think that too many pot noodles have addled (noodled) his brain. Geoff.😉

Edited by Geoff
added noodled

51 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Out early doors again tomorrow with @Davemc. Target is bream... on lures...

Good luck, I will be out with Kyle tomorrow morning, fishing some inshore marks, if the sea is as forecast 🙄

Today the sea was not as forecast, Windguru and MSW were giving it 0.2/0.3m @4secs ........... I checked the local wavebuoy for the daughter's gig race and the sea was 0.7/0.9m @2.1secs !

@Saintly Fish we made it to west lepe buoy. Had a few bream and dogs. We did plan to try bramble then east Lepe and west Lepe but got over excited and went all the way to the needles. Glorious weather, amazing scenery and a few bream and bass. Stopped at west Lepe on the way home and ran our of time for the others