Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

I'm keeping my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for Friday. Weather looked ok, now it looks a bit too much, hoping it will blow through and more settled weather will arrive by then. I am fully gagging for a dangle but it would be just my luck to be blown out at the first opportunity.

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

I'm keeping my fingers, toes and everything else crossed for Friday. Weather looked ok, now it looks a bit too much, hoping it will blow through and more settled weather will arrive by then. I am fully gagging for a dangle but it would be just my luck to be blown out at the first opportunity.

Do you have to prod book your boat launch? They will be manic next weekend. 

14 minutes ago, JonC said:

It won’t be anymore busy than normal. Don’t forget most people with boat can travel and use them. It’s only the country gentry that struggle. 

3 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

All reports are worthy and welcomed. Even the blank sessions. 

I agree with you there Neil, but is that your saving grace? Geoff.☺️

56 minutes ago, JonC said:

I'm supposed to give at least 1 hours notice. I'm thinking of getting her put on a service rack on Monday/Tuesday to check her over & do some more stuff on board and I may just have them drop her into the drink before the weekend to get ahead of the crowd.

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

@Maverick well done Martin for making the effort and not blanking!

In the reflection of the super yacht you look like your sinking, and I can’t believe your under steam with your fenders still out...... amateur! 😇

Lol we had just left the quay so had used them, straight after that picture was taken crew member number 1 had them in.

When we came back in we noticed there was a window at waterline on Elandess where we could see loads of cushions stashed (you would have loved that) which kind of made it look like she was sinking but slacking crew member never got a piccy of that

22 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Lol we had just left the quay so had used them, straight after that picture was taken crew member number 1 had them in.

When we came back in we noticed there was a window at waterline on Elandess where we could see loads of cushions stashed (you would have loved that) which kind of made it look like she was sinking but slacking crew member never got a piccy of that

Did you not do a boarding party raid and grab me a few? 

7 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes, it’s a thermal under layer. If you want the make I can go look for you. Although I don’t know if they do your size. 

Pier Cardine roll necks were the thing to wear when I was about 10. 

47 minutes ago, OrkneyCorkney said:

Okay, all that reflection and shear size of the Elandess puts my polishing efforts on the wee boat in perspective.  And before @Geoff volunteers me, no I’m not going to polish that one! 

I’ve learnt a good trick this year for polishing, a guy from the south coast told me. 
First you get a company in to polish your boat to a decent standard, then once they have finished get another guy over to snag their work and use that as a reason not to pay them! Simple but effective. 

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

I’ve learnt a good trick this year for polishing, a guy from the south coast told me. 
First you get a company in to polish your boat to a decent standard, then once they have finished get another guy over to snag their work and use that as a reason not to pay them! Simple but effective. 

You’re such a pr..k.