Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’m eyeing up this coming Saturday for a trip out. It will be Leo and I. We did invite @Andy135 who accepted and then uninvited himself??

I mean it’s one thing to un invite @JonC but to do it to yourself!!! 

It’s some sort of weird self harming thing

4 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’m eyeing up this coming Saturday for a trip out. It will be Leo and I. We did invite @Andy135 who accepted and then uninvited himself??

I mean it’s one thing to un invite @JonC but to do it to yourself!!! 

🤣 It wasn't quite like that. Mrs135 agreed to have the kids on Saturday then retracted her offer after she "suddenly remembered" an appointment at the hairdresser... 🤔🤔

So instead I'll be planning a shore dangle at some point over the weekend.

im planning on going out on Saturday in my boat - see if there's any mackerel about then try for early bream on ringstead or lulworth ledges, heding to the adamant bank if not. 

then sunday out on a friends boat to hit the shambles for turbot/brill.

i'll keep you posted!

Saturday on my boat - trying for mackerel in the entrances to Portland harbour - no joy so we headed to a mark and anchored up - i had 2x doggies, a small conger and a spotted ray. my mate had a mackerel off the bottom on squid - perfect for sunday's Turbot hunt, doggies, and his son had a baby smoothound. 

the other boat we were with also had a mixture of dogs and rays.

Sunday on mates boat - couple of drifts on the shambles produced nothing - was far too lumpy to be comfortable, so we anchored on the adamant shoal, I had 5 doggies, and another spotted ray, he had a dog fest and 1 whiting, his son caught a much improved smoothound. 

Full report when all pics are in!

Edited by mike farrants

3 minutes ago, mike farrants said:

Saturday on my boat - trying for mackerel in the entrances to Portland harbour - no joy so we headed to a mark and anchored up - i had 2x doggies, a small conger and a spotted ray. my mate had a mackerel off the bottom on squid - perfect for sunday's Turbot hunt, doggies, and his son had a baby smoothound. 

the other boat we were with also had a mixture of dogs and rays.

Sunday on mates boat - couple of drifts on the shambles produced nothing - was far too lumpy to be comfortable, so we anchored on the adamant shoal, I had 5 doggies, and another spotted ray, he had a dog fest and 1 whiting, his son caught a much improved smoothound. 

Full report when all pics are in!

Make sure you create a full designated thread for your report Mike. 
It’s great to start having reports coming in after a long winter. 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Andy135 said:

That should keep you busy for a while then 🤣

Yeah I’ll do a bit before Daisy finds me and starts to eat it all 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Yeah I’ll do a bit before Daisy finds me and starts to eat it all 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good luck with that... the nose knows all!! 🐕

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Weather looks a tad iffy on the south coast this weekend. Anyone risking a trip out? 

And who's out in Wales? Or in the West Country?

Having been fishing on Tuesday...and Wednesday...and yesterday...and today, and with the forecast being wet and windy tomorrow, I'm having a day off to sort out my gear and write up my diary. Before I retired it seemed the good weather always happens during the week while I was working. Having put in my 50 years I can strongly recommend retirement! PH

19 minutes ago, Plaicehunter said:

Having been fishing on Tuesday...and Wednesday...and yesterday...and today, and with the forecast being wet and windy tomorrow, I'm having a day off to sort out my gear and write up my diary. Before I retired it seemed the good weather always happens during the week while I was working. Having put in my 50 years I can strongly recommend retirement! PH

That's fair enough then 😁👍

24 minutes ago, Plaicehunter said:

Sounds like you can have a day off after your successes 🙂 

15 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

I went out this morning, before the shite weather arrives, it was really nice to be out there, very pleasant indeed 😎😇🤣

🤣🤣🖕