Come on then... who's out at the weekend?

20 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

If it materialises 8-13 mph NW is the window,  I'll be tucked in to the island.  I live 15 mins from the marina so I will head down early have a look at the Solent and poke my nose out to plan A,  if that is too lumpy I have a mark just inside that produces Bream/Hounds and I'll sit on that. It's a bit more exposed to a NW than plan A but happy just to get a few hours if I can. 

Sounds like a good plan. I've yet to explore much of the harbour but I've heard it can produce all the species in one way or another. Tight lines if you get out.

4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Sounds like a good plan. I've yet to explore much of the harbour but I've heard it can produce all the species in one way or another. Tight lines if you get out.

Often I turn left out of the marina, far better fishing sometimes in the river locally 

Might tow the boat to a ramp somewhere on Sunday and play with props again. The boat Ive been skippering over the last few weeks had a 207kg broadbill yesterday in an epic deep battle where the fish spent several hours bellow 700m. The yellowfin tuna have been in good numbers for several months but our freezers are all full, so I will just target snapper or deep water table fish (deep as in 400m depths).

43 minutes ago, JDP said:

Might tow the boat to a ramp somewhere on Sunday and play with props again. The boat Ive been skippering over the last few weeks had a 207kg broadbill yesterday in an epic deep battle where the fish spent several hours bellow 700m. The yellowfin tuna have been in good numbers for several months but our freezers are all full, so I will just target snapper or deep water table fish (deep as in 400m depths).

As the boys of Monty Python once said in The Life of Brian...

So we headed out at about 9am not before a thorough check over as the boat has not been out since January. All items working well so we pushed out. 

Headed to Bembridge ledge bouy to see what conditions were like, bit of swell running but manageable,  next check point would be Princessa Shoal and then Culver,  Plan A was to tuck in at Sandown bay.  

Swells started to increase at Princessa again manageable so on to Culver which was a slightly different beast,  3-4ft waves over the ledge but could see they dropped down again just after.  Onwards again at a reduced speed and 15mins later crossed the ledge.  Swung into the bay which was still kicking a bit but was fishable,  what went in our favour was that we were pushing wind against tide for most of the voyage but heading back the forecast was dropping and would be wind with tide so were quite confident the sea state would be much better coming back. 

Not much to report on the fishing front,  lots of straps but no Bream.  Think they may have headed into deeper water to sit out the storm. Bait dropper worked perfect and I'm sure that what got the straps on the feed. 

Headed back in around 4pm as the predicted increase in wind turned up.  Return journey much more pleasant running 20kts most of the way back

IMG-20210522-WA0003.jpeg

Edited by Scotch_Egg2012

A few good yellowtail kingfish today and reef fish. Temp is dropping now and all rugged up for a few hours on the beach to use up the bait left from the boat. Just taking one rod and my son to do any fish pulling in as he's hoping for a nice shark. Tides are wrong but who cares, nothing ventured nothing gained!!!!!....report later 🙂

When I say temp dropping, I mean to frost levels.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Nope! Batteries not turned up yet abd had to spend day car shopping…..

I hate car shopping 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Should have got them from Tayna.... Would have been there by now and probably cheaper too

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I gave up e’s a long time ago, vowed never to go back! 

do you mean

"I gav up 's a long tim ago and vowd nvr to go back" ? or,

did you mean you gave up MDMA as it badly affected you ability to spell?? 🤣

On 6/26/2021 at 8:20 PM, suzook12 said:

Should have got them from Tayna.... Would have been there by now and probably cheaper too

I’m waiting for them from Tanya. Cheapest by far 🙂 

Crazy week in work but hopefully out Friday 🙂 

Just need to sort new car as well for work…. Sadly I’m not allowed a boat abd use a cycle bike for road transport 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

9 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I’m waiting for them from Tanya. Cheapest by far 🙂 

Crazy week in work but hopefully out Friday 🙂 

Just need to sort new car as well for work…. Sadly I’m not allowed a boat abd use a cycle bike for road transport 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You surprise me, All mine got delivered next day by tayna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone planning a dangle this weekend? After the recent high winds I reckon there could be some good fishing to be had if you can find a mark that's sheltered enough.