Jump to content

Come on then... who's out at the weekend?


 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

If it materialises 8-13 mph NW is the window,  I'll be tucked in to the island.  I live 15 mins from the marina so I will head down early have a look at the Solent and poke my nose out to plan A,  if that is too lumpy I have a mark just inside that produces Bream/Hounds and I'll sit on that. It's a bit more exposed to a NW than plan A but happy just to get a few hours if I can. 

Sounds like a good plan. I've yet to explore much of the harbour but I've heard it can produce all the species in one way or another. Tight lines if you get out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Sounds like a good plan. I've yet to explore much of the harbour but I've heard it can produce all the species in one way or another. Tight lines if you get out.

Often I turn left out of the marina, far better fishing sometimes in the river locally 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Might tow the boat to a ramp somewhere on Sunday and play with props again. The boat Ive been skippering over the last few weeks had a 207kg broadbill yesterday in an epic deep battle where the fish spent several hours bellow 700m. The yellowfin tuna have been in good numbers for several months but our freezers are all full, so I will just target snapper or deep water table fish (deep as in 400m depths).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, JDP said:

Might tow the boat to a ramp somewhere on Sunday and play with props again. The boat Ive been skippering over the last few weeks had a 207kg broadbill yesterday in an epic deep battle where the fish spent several hours bellow 700m. The yellowfin tuna have been in good numbers for several months but our freezers are all full, so I will just target snapper or deep water table fish (deep as in 400m depths).

As the boys of Monty Python once said in The Life of Brian...

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Andy135 said:

As the boys of Monty Python once said in The Life of Brian...

 

 

Complaints of dozens of big sharks stealing fish out there today!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So we headed out at about 9am not before a thorough check over as the boat has not been out since January. All items working well so we pushed out. 

Headed to Bembridge ledge bouy to see what conditions were like, bit of swell running but manageable,  next check point would be Princessa Shoal and then Culver,  Plan A was to tuck in at Sandown bay.  

Swells started to increase at Princessa again manageable so on to Culver which was a slightly different beast,  3-4ft waves over the ledge but could see they dropped down again just after.  Onwards again at a reduced speed and 15mins later crossed the ledge.  Swung into the bay which was still kicking a bit but was fishable,  what went in our favour was that we were pushing wind against tide for most of the voyage but heading back the forecast was dropping and would be wind with tide so were quite confident the sea state would be much better coming back. 

Not much to report on the fishing front,  lots of straps but no Bream.  Think they may have headed into deeper water to sit out the storm. Bait dropper worked perfect and I'm sure that what got the straps on the feed. 

Headed back in around 4pm as the predicted increase in wind turned up.  Return journey much more pleasant running 20kts most of the way back

IMG-20210522-WA0003.jpeg

Edited by Scotch_Egg2012
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good work! You did well to get out. Shame the fish weren't playing ball but still good to be out there.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few good yellowtail kingfish today and reef fish. Temp is dropping now and all rugged up for a few hours on the beach to use up the bait left from the boat. Just taking one rod and my son to do any fish pulling in as he's hoping for a nice shark. Tides are wrong but who cares, nothing ventured nothing gained!!!!!....report later 🙂

When I say temp dropping, I mean to frost levels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First cast just on dark resulted with a nice tope, second cast a ray. Third cast I think the bait came off, fourth is out there waiting now !!!!.....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Who's out this weekend then? Looks to have been some decent weather today and turning thundery tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope! Batteries not turned up yet abd had to spend day car shopping…..

I hate car shopping 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Nope! Batteries not turned up yet abd had to spend day car shopping…..

I hate car shopping 😡😡😡😡😡😡

Should have got them from Tayna.... Would have been there by now and probably cheaper too

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Hmm, unfortunately medically grounded at the moment, whilst the boffins sort out some treatment side effects .........☹️

Edited by GPSguru
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

 

Hmm, unfortunately medically grounded at the moment, whilst the boffins sort out some treatment side effects .........☹️

Has the tach fallen off ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Has the tach fallen off ?

Do you mean "tache"? As in moustache?👨

#spellingpolice 🚨

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Has the tach fallen off ?

Nah, that grows worse than weeds ........

The problem is extreme fatigue.

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Do you mean "tache"? As in moustache?👨

#spellingpolice 🚨

I gave up e’s a long time ago, vowed never to go back! 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I gave up e’s a long time ago, vowed never to go back! 

do you mean

"I gav up 's a long tim ago and vowd nvr to go back" ? or,

did you mean you gave up MDMA as it badly affected you ability to spell?? 🤣

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

do you mean

"I gav up 's a long tim ago and vowd nvr to go back" ? or,

did you mean you gave up MDMA as it badly affected you ability to spell?? 🤣

 

Bof

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2021 at 8:20 PM, suzook12 said:

Should have got them from Tayna.... Would have been there by now and probably cheaper too

 

I’m waiting for them from Tanya. Cheapest by far 🙂 

Crazy week in work but hopefully out Friday 🙂 

Just need to sort new car as well for work…. Sadly I’m not allowed a boat abd use a cycle bike for road transport 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I’m waiting for them from Tanya. Cheapest by far 🙂 

Crazy week in work but hopefully out Friday 🙂 

Just need to sort new car as well for work…. Sadly I’m not allowed a boat abd use a cycle bike for road transport 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You surprise me, All mine got delivered next day by tayna

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...