Sailing wellies?

JonC

What leather wellies are people using? I’ve had a pair of maindeck ones for about a year and I’ve had loads of agro with them- the reinforcement I. The heel section folds down underfoot and is irritating. I’ve finally received a refund and I’m in the market for a different brand. 
Thoughts please. 

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Don’t worry Jon, do your own thing mate. And don’t worry about Andy(I jump on the bandwagon of others jokes)135 he has no clue on style!! I mean, who has sparkly high heels these days. 

I know that @GPSguruhas to be very careful what he wears on his feet . One false move and it’s 0 psi 

31 minutes ago, JonC said:

I know that @GPSguruhas to be very careful what he wears on his feet . One false move and it’s 0 psi 

I’d imagine he throws down some form of collapsed cardboard box to tread on, but still I think you’re correct. 

5 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’d imagine he throws down some form of collapsed cardboard box to tread on, but still I think you’re correct. 

No the cardboard is for sleeping on. 

On 3/27/2021 at 7:35 AM, JonC said:

They probably have an X-ray machine like the airport to check for metal objects, and give each other a good frisking before they get on the tickler. 

These days I don't do overnight stays unless there is a hotel with at least 4 stars, preferably 5 .....

RIBS tend to be very utilitarian, and the deck is a very tough nonslip battleship grey. Hypalon tubes are surprisingly resilient and there is only one thing I am careful of,  which is the pointy end of a fillet knife (I have history for that on my last boat). However, losing pressure in one section is not a major issue as there are 5 chambers, once on the plane, the hull is doing all the work.

31 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

These days I don't do overnight stays unless there is a hotel with at least 4 stars, preferably 5 .....

RIBS tend to be very utilitarian, and the deck is a very tough nonslip battleship grey. Hypalon tubes are surprisingly resilient and there is only one thing I am careful of,  which is the pointy end of a fillet knife (I have history for that on my last boat). However, losing pressure in one section is not a major issue as there are 5 chambers, once on the plane, the hull is doing all the work.

You been worried about this all weekend? 

4 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Nah, been far too busy all weekend. So I left it to you to deal with the cushion collectors and the sparkly high heel mincers. 🤣

When you say it like that.... we're a right bunch of wrong'uns aren't we! 🤣

5 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Don't knock the Sally Bash - I joined at about the age of nine - just to get and learn to play a cornet. Geoff.☺️

I had you down as more of an oompah band type. 

1 minute ago, JonC said:

I had you down as more of an oompah band type. 

Believe it or not Jon, in 1984 our boat club had a German themed weekend and I arranged with a few other members of our local brass band to form an oompah band. We had a great weekend where I was also a member of the clap dancing group (not the sort of clap that you and Neil may be more familiar with!!!). Geoff. :classic_wink::classic_wink::classic_wink:

7 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Believe it or not Jon, in 1984 our boat club had a German themed weekend and I arranged with a few other members of our local brass band to form an oompah band. We had a great weekend where I was also a member of the clap dancing group (not the sort of clap that you and Neil may be more familiar with!!!). Geoff. :classic_wink::classic_wink::classic_wink:

Ffs.