Lenco trim tab actuator rebuild

Just now, GPSguru said:

You really need to drip a 'sticky oil' into the bearing overnight, as WD40 (water repellent oil) and Plusgas (penetrating oil) will both dry out very quickly.

Got any 3 in 1 or reel oil handy? , both will do the job fine

Yep, got Gun Oil, which is a posh version of 3-in-1.

8 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Yes, that will do the job ........... great when I use it in the HW80 and it hydraulics, I get a tad more than 12ftlb then and a lot of smoke ! 🤣

Ah, I miss my air rifles. Sold my Air Arms S400 a while back to a good friend and put the money into a shark reel... what can I say? They're just bigger dogfish 🤷‍♂️🐶🐟

5 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Ah, I miss my air rifles. Sold my Air Arms S400 a while back to a good friend and put the money into a shark reel... what can I say? They're just bigger dogfish 🤷‍♂️🐶🐟

How are you going to shoot rats with a shark reel? 

Well, the old motor still works.

7yN0XVA.jpg

UB83MPM.jpg

Rams have seen better days though. There's a chunky nick out of this one, which may be how the water got in (past the two ram o-rings). I'll run it for the rest of the season and look to change it over the winter.

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Well, the old motor still works.

7yN0XVA.jpg

UB83MPM.jpg

Rams have seen better days though. There's a chunky nick out of this one, which may be how the water got in (past the two ram o-rings). I'll run it for the rest of the season and look to change it over the winter.

What’s going on with all the oxidation on the gel coat? 

Also got the new switch panel fitted and wired up.

jmMO6B5.jpg

@jonnyswamp, mine does the same thing as yours - no auto-retract but a little motor actuation. I reckon I need to wire the orange wire into the ignition start wire (it's direct to +ve at present). I have a feeling the auto-retract will work as intended when the orange wire senses no current but the switch panel does.

13 hours ago, Andy135 said:

Also got the new switch panel fitted and wired up.

jmMO6B5.jpg

@jonnyswamp, mine does the same thing as yours - no auto-retract but a little motor actuation. I reckon I need to wire the orange wire into the ignition start wire (it's direct to +ve at present). I have a feeling the auto-retract will work as intended when the orange wire senses no current but the switch panel does.

I'll double check my wiring next time I'm down, but pretty sure I've wired it as it should be