Battery change

Hopefully picking up a little boat in the next couple of days to use as a long range adventure vessel!!!!

The change over from my current boat will allow me to make a few changes, with one being swapping the three batteries over to lithium. Making the boat lighter to carry extra fuel and water will obviously be an advantage as will the life expectancy on lithium batteries. I came across this video that pretty much has exactly what Im looking for apart from a bit of solar.

How much is the weight/space saving Jon?

Charging has always been the issue with Li batteries, and looks like the better brands have that sorted now, although, to be fair, you would have thought a company the size of Boeing would have been on top of that situation.......

I think, as the guy in the video says, research is the key.

If you do go down that road, would be good to see a write up and review

12 hours ago, suzook12 said:

How much is the weight/space saving Jon?

Charging has always been the issue with Li batteries, and looks like the better brands have that sorted now, although, to be fair, you would have thought a company the size of Boeing would have been on top of that situation.......

I think, as the guy in the video says, research is the key.

If you do go down that road, would be good to see a write up and review

The little 15ft boat Im getting has one for starting, another house (backup start) and a large battery up front for the Minn Kota. I dare say a saving of around 60kg for a small boat which I plan on carrying extra fuel for trips of around 500-600km.

Its early days at the moment and I will need to see what sort of performance Im able to get from the Honda 90, if it doesn't work out I will sell it and keep my other boat. I can always drop the prop pitch to carry more fuel and water on the bigger boat but Im not to impressed with the 140 Suzuki for remote locations.

Edited by JDP