Suzuki outboard twin charging trouble-shooting

On 12/12/2021 at 8:19 PM, suzook12 said:

You need to know what it charges at under load and at idle as well as 3k rpm

Next time you're out, take an extra pair of hands that can work a multimeter.

It does sound like a resounding success, but there will always be that nagging doubt until its tested.

You want to measure battery volts at the battery, any dodgy connections can result in the battery seeing 18+ volts but showing upstream as 13-14v - Dont ask how I know this......

My Df140     charges  from 1000  rpm    @14.6v   or there about     ive a blue  sea  V C R   that i fitted to charge both  batteries      cranking battery   is Automatically   Disconnected   from the    House Battery   so you never have to worry  about the  cranking battery  going flat   and leaving you stranded  at sea   

5 hours ago, willyhookit said:

My Df140     charges  from 1000  rpm    @14.6v   or there about     ive a blue  sea  V C R   that i fitted to charge both  batteries      cranking battery   is Automatically   Disconnected   from the    House Battery   so you never have to worry  about the  cranking battery  going flat   and leaving you stranded  at sea   

Never take your dash gauge reading as gospel tho, a multimeter across the battery is much more accurate. Also, the 3000rpm test shows whether the regulator is actually regulating or not, at those speeds, if it wasn't, it would be capable of delivering in excess of 50V DC or AC