Netted Wreck?

thejollysinker

So, on our way back from our last trip out the other week we wanted to have a couple of drifts over the Galicia (a small wreck a couple of miles out of Teignmouth) but found there were a shed load of buoys around the whole wreck, top to bottom, side to side, some with flags.... never seen that before 🤷‍♂️

Is this what a netted wreck looks like and if so, is it safe to travel between the buoys?

Picture was the best I could manage trying to get the whole lot in frame and it was getting a bit sloppy.

Untitled-63.thumb.png.d6a571be7967ba1e649fa0e039c53203.png

6 hours ago, thejollysinker said:

So, on our way back from our last trip out the other week we wanted to have a couple of drifts over the Galicia (a small wreck a couple of miles out of Teignmouth) but found there were a shed load of buoys around the whole wreck, top to bottom, side to side, some with flags.... never seen that before 🤷‍♂️

Is this what a netted wreck looks like and if so, is it safe to travel between the buoys?

Picture was the best I could manage trying to get the whole lot in frame and it was getting a bit sloppy.

Untitled-63.thumb.png.d6a571be7967ba1e649fa0e039c53203.png

It has been like it for months.

The flagged Dhann on the right looks like a net buoy. The rest are probably pot buoys, but will have a ton of rope on them. Last time I was there (July) I gently went between the buoys, but there were a lot of semi floating ropes, so I had to be very careful. Not exactly what I would call relaxed fishing.

To leave that gear there all summer, they but be catching a lot of Lobster & Crab.

They must be getting something out, or, desperation has set in because everywhere else has been overfished🤔

glad I stayed out of it and it’s a shame as I had managed a few Bass in the autumn last year. Doubt I’ll venture over it again, waste of fuel….