Was it a blank? You decide.

Andy135

We're in North Wales for a week for the kids' half term, and today I took the family to the beach.

V9zOQx2.jpg

After some deft negotiation I took my beach gear along and had a couple of hours dangling off the rocks whilst everyone else played on the sand.

f1EJ9AB.jpeg

The dog came fishing too and did her usual trick of hanging half off the rocks staring into the water, mesmerised by the motion of the waves and ripples.

HIVUDcT.jpg

The targets were bass and flounder, so one rod went out at distance with lugworm and a 1oz pear weight, and was left to bump along in the tide. The other was baited with live shore crab and went close in along an eddy current just off the rocks.

I also had my lure rod, with which I had a few chucks with the MajorCraft Solpara shore jig.

Just as I was settling into the rhythm jigging I heard a faint plop. Looking round I couldn't see the dog... yep, she'd fallen in! I made my way onto the lower part of the rocks to find a very cold and somewhat startled spaniel staring up at me from amongst the floating weed around the base of the rocks. I carefully manoeuvred myself into a position where I could safely reach her and hauled her back onto the rock. Daft dog. 🤦‍♂️

It didn't seem to put her off staring into the water again though...

VWHevpL.jpeg

The fishing was slow, with plenty of weed to keep me busy. I missed one good bite on the worm rod, but got no interest at all on the crab in close.

As the sun began to set and thoughts turned to packing up I wound into this chap. Caught fair and square on a black lug bait. Does that save a blank?

d05L06Q.jpg

WnOP2Al.jpg

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Funnily enough we're thinking of visiting Conwy Castle this week. Suppose I should give the old goat a knock and see how he's doing.

He owes you a bloody nose I seem to remember.