Saved from a blank

Malc

Knew it was going to be difficult today as its that time of year and lots of rain recently. No porpoises, or guillemot and very few bites, so after a couple of hours on rough ground we went to a wreck on sand to try and anchor uptide and get into it, but we didn't get it right and were beyond and to one side. You could say that we were fishing the scour, but that might not be totally correct 😉 I had a set of mini muppets on one rod and slowly bumped it down tide and got several bites but didn't connect and on the last drop I didn't even feel the bite and reeled in a  palm sized dab that you could have read the newpaper through. Not even big enough for tope bait but not a blank.

Tight lines everyone!

11 minutes ago, Malc said:

You could say that we were fishing the scour, but that might not be totally correct 😉

Usually on the downtide side of the wreck where the tide flow increases. Not always easy to predict or see, but generally the position of the scour is dependant on the orientation of the wreck to the tidal flow and the composition of the seabed substrate.

I often try and fish the ‘scour’ as you can pick up some very decent pollock, with plaice and turbot often present.

I use ‘wrecksite.eu’ as a good source of dived wreck info, and they often detail the scour

Today was just a day of trialling a couple of things. We tried using the plastic bag bait dropper system and it worked perfectly, our system of breaking out of rough ground and dropping onto a specific mark.

Two out of three ain't bad 😀

3 hours ago, Malc said:

Today was just a day of trialling a couple of things. We tried using the plastic bag bait dropper system and it worked perfectly, our system of breaking out of rough ground and dropping onto a specific mark.

Two out of three ain't bad 😀

I used to do it that way, but now I use a large bait dropper, and it's a very good tool..............

Picture 2 of 5

Picture 5 of 5

Edited by GPSguru

8 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I used to do it that way, but now I use a large bait dropper, and it's a very good tool..............

Picture 2 of 5

Picture 5 of 5

We would only use it a couple of times a year so it would be a waste really.